scene four

HARRY STYLES

HARRY STYLES

As I had expected, the first few days of filming had gone so quickly it felt like I had hardly gotten the chance to breathe. Four days on set felt like fifteen minutes and four years all at the same time. It sped past but it also felt as though we had been doing this for a lifetime. For the first day or two, Jonah just wanted us to get used to one another as well as learning our way around the set and getting familiar with the different rooms and the ways in which things worked.

It felt like a lot at first, but already, I could guide my way around the set like I had been here all of my life. I was pretty much familiar with everybody by now and just like Avie had told me, it was fine and I would be okay, I just had to believe a little bit more.

The early morning starts were beginning to test me slightly, I had to admit. Avie had gotten up with me for the first three mornings, she had selflessly pulled herself out of bed way before what was necessary, simply just to be there with me and to make my mornings a little less lonely as I sipped on my coffee in preparation for the day ahead. It helped to have her there, just her voice and her gentle touch could ease off the second and third day nerves. Sitting across the table with her and sharing breakfast whilst we nonsensically chatter was the only way I ever wanted to start my mornings.

Though this morning was a little different, because this morning I had to be at work by five, before the sun had even risen, which meant I had to be up at least an hour and a half before I was expected to be at the set. Avie had said last night that she was more than willing to wake up with me and share a coffee in the dark before I set off for an excruciatingly long day, but I physically couldn't let her do that. I couldn't expect her to get up at a ridiculous time in the morning just to sit and have a coffee with me and wave me off.

This morning was the first time in a long time that I had gotten up by myself and eaten in silence. It felt a little wrong to be sipping from my mug without Avie by my side and Scout slapping his tiny hands on the tray of his high chair. It felt like I had entered some kind of parallel universe where I was alone and the past eight years of my life were just part of a sick dream.

I couldn't leave without pressing gentle kisses against Avie's cheek as she soundly slept with the covers still neatly tucked over her as she cuddled with Scout, both of them unawarely wrapped in each others arms whilst they dreamt. I could've sat and watched them both for a concerning amount of time.

It pained me to have to leave them this morning and no amount of phone calls or pictures sent to one another throughout the day would ever be enough to cure my aching heart. I needed to be with them.

I was practically jumping for joy the second that Jonah had decided that that was a wrap for the day and I could finally head home to be with my family. It's all I had been waiting for all day long. I just couldn't wait to have both Avie and Scout back in my arms where they should be, though it'd be nearing Scout's bedtime by the time I walked through the door. I just hoped I could get in soon enough to still spend some time with him before he returned to his dreams.