3. "I Must Save Them. "

Stephen looked at Annabel's face with a trembling light in the room. Annabel's eyes were filled with tears and desperation. Sorrow permeated the room, overflowing with a cold color tone reflected from the walls.

Annabel's voice mixed with a choked sob as she spoke. "Please don't cry, Annabel," he said, but no matter what he did, he couldn't stop her tears. Seeing his sister suffering because of his departure dragged him into an internal sadness as well. "I feel sad when I see you like this," he continued.

Annabel's worried gaze reflected her fears about the future. "What will happen if you leave and that woman mistreats me again?" she asked, expressing her vulnerability.

"If I find my real parents and they are well off, I will help you," Stephen promised with a determined expression. "I also warned my father. I'm not leaving just for myself. Did you think I was such a selfish person?"

"No, brother. I just..." she began, then hesitated. Stephen interrupted her. "You're trying to change my mind, Annabel. I understand, but our mother asked me to do this before she died. Besides, maybe a door of salvation will open for both of us."

"How will you find your parents, Stephen?" his father asked with a calm expression, which worried Stephen.

"Mom wrote other letters and mentioned some clues. I know where I need to go, Dad," he replied to his father with a hopeful smile.

"You won't forget about me, will you?"

"Of course not, I won't forget, my dear sister." His eyes were filled with love and devotion. There was an atmosphere of emotional farewell shared in the room before a challenging separation.

He hugged her tightly for the last time. At that moment, time seemed to stand still for them, as if they were momentarily escaping from reality.

"Come on, sis. I have to go," Stephen said, struggling to speak through the pain of parting. Annabel didn't want him to leave.

"You'll come back, won't you?"

"Of course, I'll come back," he said, gently wiping the tears from his sister's eyes. He moved away from his sister. She said to him, "Goodbye, brother! See you soon."

"Goodbye, son."

He looked at them for a long time. His father was very calm. He didn't seem sad at all. His eyes were like those of a man who didn't express his emotions; dull. Well, when did my father ever show his feelings? He hadn't even made me feel loved.

It was as if a part of his soul was leaving. Although he hadn't been getting along well with his father lately, he knew he would miss him too, but he had no other choice.

"Goodbye, Annabel. Goodbye, Dad." He waved to them. Jason had a fairy dust sphere in his hand; it symbolized the transition to another world. "I'll teleport you with this."

He closed his eyes. When he opened them, he was standing in front of a large crowd. As he took a step into a new life, the things he left behind stirred up complex emotions within him.

"I must have arrived at the market. Now where should I go?"

He looked around a bit, and when he glanced at a wall of a house, he saw his own picture. The drawing was a bit sloppy. It was probably made with magic to be done faster. Since he couldn't read or write, he couldn't understand why his picture was hanging there. Why would they hang the picture of a villager? But when he thought carefully, he remembered he wasn't just a regular villager. He was a villager accused of stealing the sword.

"So they hung this to find me. Damn it! I also need to avoid the guards. They must be looking for me everywhere."

As he was about to continue on his way, he felt a stranger's hand on his shoulder. He quickly lunged forward and when he turned around, he saw a tall man standing in front of him.