6. "I think I found peace... "

"You will learn this when the time comes, Stephen. For now, we must escape from here."

He looked at him with curiosity and a hint of disdain. "And how do you propose we escape?" He didn't believe he could come up with a good plan.

He handed Stephen the black hooded cloak he was holding. The fabric was filled with mystery. Mystic patterns adorned the texture, giving the impression that it was prepared for a mysterious journey through time.

"Take this and put it on."

"Am I supposed to change my appearance then? I can't achieve much with just a cloak. I might look suspicious."

"Don't question, child. Put it on," he said with a weary tone.

As Stephen put on the black cloak, tendrils of mist-like smoke emerged around him. His eyes began to sting.

"Close your eyes!"

After closing his eyes, the pain subsided. "How did you see that my eyes were open behind that black smoke?" he asked in astonishment.

"That's my special ability. You can open your eyes now," he replied confidently.

Stephen opened his eyes and looked at his hands. They didn't look like the hands of a 16-year-old but rather like those of someone aged 30 or 40. It was the outcome he expected, yet he was still surprised. He wanted to know whose appearance he had taken, but after some thought, he figured it out. Still, he wanted to confirm.

"I've taken on Henry's appearance, haven't I?"

"Correct guess. Now, I'll explain the plan to you," he took a deep breath and began, "I'll take on your appearance, and there will be a commotion between us. When the guards hear the noise, they'll open the door immediately, and I'll take advantage of that gap to become invisible and escape. If the guards ask what happened, tell them the Justice Sword incapacitated me. Find a way to escape and make your way out. I'll be waiting for you at the end of the dungeon. I'll signal you with a gust of wind."

As the fairy dust enveloped the man, Stephen asked eagerly, "Why can't you teleport?"

"The castle is protected by a mysterious enchantment. Not everyone inside can teleport as they wish."

"But there must be guards at the end of the dungeon. How will we meet?"

"I'll become invisible. Through telepathy, I'll communicate with you. You just need to pretend to control the criminals."

"Understood, sir," Stephen said, and as soon as he uttered those words, the fairy dust vanished, and the man became an exact copy of Stephen. His transformation took longer than Stephen's.

Once transformed, he went to the right, picked up a few chairs, and threw them to the ground. Then, he used magic to lift the tables and torture tools and repeated the process. The resulting sounds of broken wood and metal were disturbingly loud. While doing this, he also shouted. Stephen followed suit and began shouting. They had successfully attracted the guards' attention. When they suddenly entered the room, the man became invisible and carefully slipped out through the still-open door.

"What happened, sir? Are you alright?" asked the guards, out of breath from their hurried arrival.

"He was about to harm me!" he shouted, doing his best not to appear artificial, and for now, he seemed to be doing well. He was even surprised at this turn of events himself.

"Do you know where that fugitive is?" asked the guard.

"I don't know," he stammered, trying to sound hesitant. "Could you please explain the situation a bit?"