7. "The monster is coming, run!"

The two weeks since Stephen arrived at Cedric's house had brought about profound changes in his life. During this time, Stephen had learned most of the basic magic practices; he could now teleport, change the location of objects remotely, levitate them, and perform other simple spells. Cedric showed him special attention, fulfilling even his smallest requests as if they were royal commands.

Despite missing his family, Stephen didn't complain about this new lifestyle. He relished feeling valued and receiving special treatment in this house. However, there was a price to pay: he couldn't leave without Cedric's permission, thus cutting off his contact with his family. This passionate yet restrictive experience stirred conflicting emotions in his emotional world.

"The elemental magic still hasn't surfaced. We should have seen it by now," Cedric said, sipping his tea. His voice cut through the atmosphere of the room, sending shivers down Stephen's spine. He raised his head to focus on Cedric. Cedric's thoughtful yet noble appearance, with his piercing blue eyes and darker-than-night hair, created an aura around him; mysterious and handsome at the same time.

Cedric's presence, wealth, and perhaps a noble past could be felt even as he sipped his tea. Placing the empty teacup gracefully on the table, he exuded not only luxury but also refinement and grace. In that moment, an air of mystery and luxury seemed to fill the room.

"How will it manifest then? Do I need to do something?" Stephen asked eagerly, his eyes locked on Cedric's face.

"I should have sensed it, or you should have accidentally performed such magic. It's usually revealed through the latter method," Cedric replied, and a weighty silence filled the room, carrying the potential secrets of their conversation.

"So, how do I perform magic then?" Stephen boldly inquired, trying to catch any clues on Cedric's face.

"There are neutral and element-specific spells. What you've learned are the neutral ones," Cedric calmly replied. With these words, Stephen felt like a whole new world had been unveiled to him; he could sense the excitement of stepping into the depths of magic.

After this dialogue, a strange silence fell over the room. As the silence lingered and merged with the slowly darkening atmosphere, it cast a pall over the air, creating a sense of gloom. This lingering silence enveloped Stephen's thoughts like a mysterious curtain, leaving him somewhat intoxicated.

The silence was broken by the sound of the servant picking up the empty teacup from the table. As the cup was moved, momentarily disrupting the silence, the mystery within the room seemed to intensify. Stephen wanted to break the silence once again, using this opportunity. He had many questions about his real family, but every time he broached the subject, Cedric would deflect with strange and mysterious answers.

Stephen decided to break this silence for the second time. He tried to gather his courage, but indecision stood before him like a wall, blocking his progress. In that moment, there was not only silence but also uncertainty in the room.

"You've seemed rather pensive lately. Is something troubling you?"

This guy is really reading my mind... Though taken aback, he also felt somewhat wary and even afraid of him.

Looking surprised, Stephen said, "Yes, I had a question for you," his internal conflict showing on his face.

"If it's been troubling you so much, it must be a big question," the tension in the room increased, emphasizing the depth of the questions.

"Yes, it is. Once again, it's about my real family. What connection do you have with my family, and when will I be able to search for them?"

"The problem is, I don't know my connection either," Cedric's answer deepened the mysterious atmosphere in the room, leaving Stephen to ponder.