~ 3 ~

The lecture finally came to an end and Jimin could not be more relieved. He let out a sigh of relief as he began to gather his things.

As he stood up, Taehyung walked up to him looking flustered, "I have to go, I have to meet Yoongi," he said quickly.

"I'll see you when you get home."

"Wait, Taehyung I-"

"Bye!" Taehyung ran out of the room, leaving Jimin alone.

He sighed and continued to gather his things.

Today they were painting on a canvas and easel so it took him a while to put everything away.

He took his time, putting everything away with deliberate slowness, not wanting to think about the lecture and then never-ending stares between him and Jungkook.

Jimin stared at his unfinished painting of a tree in front of the sunset, he sighed and grabbed the painting.

Just as he was about to leave, Jungkook suddenly appeared beside him, his eyes fixed on Jimin's hand.

Jimin's eyes widened as he realized that Jungkook had taken hold of his unfinished painting.

"Excuse you," Jimin said trying to snatch it back from Jungkook's grasp. But Jungkook didn't let go, his fingers wrapped tightly around the canvas. "You can't just take that out of my hands."

"It's nice," Jungkook said, staring down at the painting, his voice low and smooth. "You're very talented."

Jimin scoffed, rolling his eyes, "Yeah, sure." He tried grabbing the painting but once again, Jungkook didn't let him.

Jungkook stared at the painting and then at Jimin, his eyes piercing and intense. "Sit down," he said, patting the stool beside him.

Jimin was taken aback, he hesitated but shook his head, "No, I have to go. I need to-"

"Just sit down, Jimin." Jungkook cut him off, his voice commanding.

Jimin rolled his eyes again, but something about Jungkook's tone made him want to.

He sat down slowly.

Jungkook pulled a stool and sat next to him, his eyes still fixed on the painting. "Tell me about it," he said softly.

Jimin sighs, "Look, I said I was sorry for what I said-"

"This isn't about that. I want to hear about your painting."

Jimin looked at Jungkook and saw the smile on his face, he lightly blushed as he sighed and shrugged, "It's just a painting," he said curtly.

Jungkook turned to him, his eyes flashing with intensity. "No, it's not just a painting," he said. "It's something more. Something memorable. How?"

Jimin sighed and rubbed his hands on his light blue jeans, his eyes fixed on the canvas, "It's supposed to be a magnolia tree," he said softly. "I used to sit at it when I was a kid. You said something memorable, so I chose this."

Jungkook nodded, his eyes scanning the painting. "It looks beautiful," he said. "I can't wait to see it when it's finished."

Jimin snorted, "That's if I finish it."

Jungkook's expression turned serious, "You often doubt yourself like this, don't you?"

Jimin scoffed, his arms crossing, "Well, it comes easy when people say my work is messy."

Jungkook laughed, the sound low and husky. Jimin's lip twitched, but he forced himself to hold back a smile.

"This painting is just as messy." He said.