chapter xiii

the next day, severus plans to disappear off the face of the earth. he cant bear to stay in contact with her, to watch her slowly hate him. its better if he cuts contact completely, that way no one gets hurt. not only that, but he couldnt bear the thought of mr and mrs fortescue hating him for what he was about to become. they were the first people to show him what it was like to be in a loving family, and he didnt want to lose that memory.

it is now the day of severus' disappearance. he attends all of his lessons, as though nothing was wrong. he had a free, so he decided to go up to his dorms and pack a bag. he can only bring essentials, so he brings a few clothes, a couple of textbooks, and the pictures from the photo booth. then, it is time for lunch. he finds vivienne, and takes her to a quiet place by the lake, under a tree. they cuddle up for a while, and severus tries to make the most of the feeling of her head on his chest, knowing he will never ever feel it again. he hugs her tightly and kisses her forehead gently, wishing the moment could last forever. but of course, it doesn't.

at exactly midnight, severus sneaks out of his dorm. before properly leaving, he sneaks out and fonds the ravenclaw dorms, and places apollo inside, along with his food and toys. tears well up in his eyes as he kisses his companion goodbye, praying they wouldnt meet again, as if they were to, it most definitely would not be for a good reason. then, he sneaks out of hogwarts, to start his new life.

vivienne was fast asleep when severus left hogwarts. so it is a nasty shock to her when she wakes up to two cats on her bed. instantly, she thinks the worst - that severus has died. but then she manages to think rationally - apollo has probably just wondered off and found misty. still, she has a sick feeling at the pit of her stomach as she gets ready. and this only worsens as she cannot spot severus at breakfast. and almost consumes her when she has an empty seat next to her in potions. she excuses herself to go to the bathroom, and instantly runs to the slytherin dorms. in there, she ransacks severus' belongings. almost everything is there, but she quickly notices a few of his clothes are missing, and a couple of books. the wall makes her stop dead in her tracks. the photobooth photos are gone.

vivienne hurtles down the halls, desperate for answers. she too, bursts through dumbledores office. "ive been expecting you, vivienne." dumbledore says wisely. he is standing at his bookshelf, completely unphased. "where is severus?" vivienne demands. "he has not told you? ah well, maybe he does not want to be found then." dumbledore says. vivienne is boiling with rage. "i said. where. is. severus." she seethes. "i do not know," dumbledore answers. "i guess time will tell us,"