chapter xiv

the next few months are absolute hell for vivienne. severus snape had disappeared, and hadnt even told her why. she never got the chance to tell him she loves him. even with his absence, her love for him only grew even stronger. she was determined, once she finished school, it would be her life mission to find him. she had heard all the rumours of course, and they pained her. how could people be so cruel? "he drowned himself for being such a freak" "he joined the dark wizard and became a death eater". she had, at one point, lashed out on someone for spreading these foul rumours, so people tend to no longer do it around her.

of course, vivienne did not go back to her old friend group. they still bullied the boy she loves, and she will never forgive them. her being her, she made new friends easily, and was never lonely. still, severus never left her mind. she would spend her free time in the astronomy tower, or down by the lake - places they would always be together. she had also managed to steal a couple of his tatty sweaters, and would swaddle herself in them, inhaling his faint scent.

soon, everyone forgot about severus. boys started wanting vivienne again, so she became pretty popular once more, which is not really what she wanted. she made a couple of close friends - charity burbage and pandora lestrange, who which she confided in about her struggles.

meanwhile, severus had heard about voldemorts plan to murder vivienne, and a couple of other muggleborn students at hogwarts. he instantly devised a plan. he does not care if this is will cost him his life, and if vivienne hates him, at least she will be alive to do so. he decides to leave for hogwarts that day. the whole way his mind is thinking of all stupid things- what if she forgot about him? what if shes found someone else? what if.. shes afraid of him? he pushes the silly thoughts out - thats not important right now. this moment is the whole reason why everything happened the way it did.

severus gets to the school, and sneaks in. he decides that not being seen is the best way this plan will work. but still, he can't help but go and see her. it is during lesson time, so he wonders down to the potion labs - he still knows her timetable off by heart. they are in the process of making some sort of potion.

the movement at the window pf the door catches viviennes eye, and she glances up. "severus..?" she whispers, hardly believing it as their eyes lock across the room. then he is gone. all thoughts of class are gone, as she races out of the classroom, wondering if she has gone insane. she flies out of the door just at the right time to see a piece of his black cloak disappear behind a corner. "severus!" she shouts, a million thoughts and feelings going through her head at once. she chases after him, but before she can turn the corner, a dark figure emerges. severus is long gone, and vivienne soon recognises this man to be no one but the dark lord himself.

she backs away in fear, but knows there is nothing she can do as he slowly draws put his wand. that is when she is yanked backwards, and another dark shadowy figure stands in front of her protectively. "severus, be a good servant and step aside. i need to kill her." voldemort says, and vivienne gasps in horror. the rumours were true - severus had become a death eater. "i will not let you kill her." voldemort sighs in annoyance. "very well then." and with that, severus slumps to the floor.