D.B.

Insecure Donna x Blind Fem!reader
A/N: Artwork does not belong to me!!
————————————————————————
"What's causing you such distress, my love?" You piped curiously, standing along side Donna.

Donna gave you a swift peck on the lips, and began to sow the lilac colored garment  that she had started prior to your bombardment of questions. "Really, it's nothing to concern yourself with." She whispers, trying to fall back into concentration.

"It's not nothing, I can feel it practically radiating off you." You protested, as you slowly reached till you felt her arm.

With a small sigh, Donna sat the needle, thread, and garment on the wooden table, and slightly turned, giving you her undivided attention.

"It's..." she inhaled "well, it's just that, I've been thinking here recently about... well, my scar, and maybe how'd you react if you were to ever see it. I know it's such a silly thought, in the sense that you could not ever see it..." The words fell from Donna's lips faster than she intended, and died out almost as quickly.

Silence filled the room, for a moment Donna could swear she could hear her very own heart beat pounding in her chest. The very silence left a dry taste in the air, almost suffocating. Then suddenly, a burst of laughter bounced from wall to wall, breaking the perpetual silence.

Relief coursed through Donna, glad she hadn't offended you, but very much shocked, not exactly understanding what you had found so humorous.

"Sweetheart, is that really what this is about?" You asked softly. "I don't need to see your face to know you're absolutely enchanting. I am mesmerized by everything about you, my love."

"I'm... I'm an abomination.. what could you possibly find mesmerizing about me?" Donna muttered in confusion. "An abomination" you repeated in almost disgust. "Donna, there is absolutely nothing about you that needs to be hidden. I hate that you wear that damn veil all the time. I may not see your face, but I see your soul, and you're worth so much more than you give yourself credit for."

Even though you couldn't see her, you could tell Donna was crying. You opened your arms, and not even a moment later, Donna was weeping in your arms.

"You swear?" Donna choked out quietly, praying with every ounce of her soul there was truth to your words. "I promise." You whispered, leaning down and planting a kiss on the tip of Donna's nose.