chapter 13

Evangeline 

I was waiting for my opportunity , finally when it felt like hours had passed, "they are coming, now you have to listen." I told them my plan , even though they did not like to put me in trouble I finally got them to agree on it.

"Are you at the verge of your transformation!" Dr. Steven exclaimed , he looked extremely happy like a child who just got their birthday presents. He was about to open his mouth to blabber some more , but the cage was open , which was his first mistake, just because the silver made everyone else weak. It triggered something in my wolf, and she was pissed. The moment she antagonised me she growled my bones snapping clothes disappearing into thin air. Sharp claws grew through my soft padding paws and sharp fangs grew and soon a snow white fur rippled through my body. I was a wolf , I gave him a snarl which rippled through the room , and pounced on him much faster than they could track my movement. The soldiers cried in alarm , but the other wolves had transformed and were in the process of tearing them apart.

I howled loud and clear , and to my surprise and immense relief there was a very familiar howl in answer to my call for help. My mate, he has come to rescue us. I had no doubts about it, I ran crashing and ripping through the shifters that were in my parth and then I saw him fighting in the midst of everyone , his dark hair messy and his emerald eyes blazing orange in fury. Then he saw me , it felt like time itself stopped. We ran to each other, tearing everyone who was in our way.

Suddenly Dr Steven appeared out of nowhere, holding a gun, only a few of his people were remaining. I knew where his gun was aiming for the only thing that could hurt me , that would leave a mark of his presence in my life. I growled and jumped in front of my mate just as the bullet struck through the air and straight into my stomach.

Blazing pain rippled through my body, I knew only a few minutes remained , with the last of my strength I charged using my sharp claws to tear his throat apart. I did not feel my pain as I watched him bleed to death , all the anger and pain leaving my body. This was vengeance for my people, and for my parents whom I never got to meet. This death was to give supernaturals a better future.

I heard Nathaniel's voice shout behind me just as my legs gave out, strong arms wrapped around my waist holding me up against him. "We did it, we are safe" I whispered smiling up at my mate.

Now that everything is over, people all around us were cheering , celebrating our new found freedom. The rangers bid us goodbye and left, Nathaniel was reunited with his family and he introduced me formally as his mate even though I met his parents before but this was a different circumstance. I decided to go back to the pack lands with him and my parents promised to come with us. The police arrested the other people that worked in this place and took Dr. Steven's body with them.

Afterword

We left for the pack lands after everything was settled. I was quite sad to leave my friends behind , we promised to come visit them soon. But it was time for me to learn more about myself and my people. Nathaniel's parents promised to help find more about my missing parents so that I could get reunited with them but I wanted my human parent with me , they did so much to keep me safe their place in my heart will never be replaced. This was our new beginning.