𝐅𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒

𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒

Didn't I | OneRepublic

❝didn't i, didn't i, didn't i love you?
didn't we, didn't we, didn't we try?❞

Rhaenys, the queen who never was, glared bitterly at her lady mother. Jocelyn Baratheon has always been a stern, vengeful woman. And even as she descended into her old age, those traits still remained.

That was no to say Rhaenys hated her mother – no, despite their grievances and age-old wounds that had long rotted, she loved her mother.

"You gave up your birthright far too easily, daughter" came her bitter words, prominent wrinkles near her eyes creasing as she frowned.

Rhaenys sighed tiredly, "the kingdom didn't want me as their ruler, mother" she snapped, "I have long accepted that". Her mother's dark eyes bore into her.

"You gave up far too easily, daughter, more akin to an Andal sheep than the dragon you claim to be" she said coldly. Rhaenys was long used to her mothers callous nature, the easy way she would disapprove of her action more often than not. "I had perhaps hoped that the Viserys girl would step up to claim her throne, but alas" she said, "the foolish girl seems more content to sire Andal bastards than fight for what has been given to her."

As much as Rhaenys wanted to disagree, she knew her mother spoke the truth, Rhaenyra bent to other's whims and expected everything to fall in her lap simply because her father favoured her. Instinctively though, Rhaenys knew the tides were – had been changing – since Daenerys birth.

The greens, it seemed, had wasted no time shoring up support through the large dragon that had practically claimed Daenerys. Words of her overwhelming beauty chalked up to be a gods support for her brother's ascension. That hadn't even been the worst of it. The wild adolescent dragon – as it turns out – didn't waste anytime before outgrowing the term. The beast – Drogon – as she'd heard, had grown at an immense pace, reaching Silverwings size easily.

It was yet another boon to the greens side, raking in more and more supporters each day.

They had not stopped there – no – rumours of the Balerion reborn having been spun to show Aegon as the next conqueror.

Rhaenys hated that one.

If the fourteen wanted Aegon to be the next king, he would've gained the dragon, not his sister.

The people had taken notice of this no doubt – bards being sung about 'the conqueror reborn standing next to his famed mount'.

It did not help that Daenerys did share a startling resemblance to the famed conqueror, the long dead man having a painting of him, and his sisters hung in halls of the Red Keep.