𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐝

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐃

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐃

Leave a Light On | Tom Walker
❝and i know you're down and out now, but i need you to be brave
hiding from the truth ain't gonna make this all okay ❞

Heleana's whimpers echoed through Maegor's Holdfast – pained and exhausted.

Daenerys, who had remained steadfast at her side during the entirety of her labours, gave her a sympathetic look, clutching her sister's hand as she released another whimper.

She was almost relieved not to be in the birthing bed once more, pointedly ignoring the longing it caused her.

Heleana's belly was rather large, a little too much to simply be one child, the maester's had warily speculated it was twins, not wanting to get to ahead of themselves. Daenerys had already known, though the birth of the Mad Queens twins had barely taken a paragraph in the pages of history.

She threw her sister a concerned look, grimacing as her body convulsed.

One of the midwives, Annisa, she believed, opened her mouth, "The babe is crowning Princess Helaena" she said, voice tinged with pity, "you need to push now, my Princess".

Heleana released a short scream, head thrown back as her body thrummed with pain.

Maester Mellos knelt on his knees between Helaena's open legs, clutching the crowning head of the child.

Daenerys grimaced, finding the idea of the maesters help to be useless, a midwife would be far more effective. Helaena let out a hoarse scream, head falling back onto the pillow as the child slipped out.

It was a boy.

A very large boy, bigger than the normal but otherwise hale and healthy. Daenerys paused, because Helaena showed no signs of having twins.

Her brows furrowed, she shook it off, some woman took time for the second child to emerge.

The midwife was cleaning the child up, swaddling him up in a soft baby blue and handing him over to Helaena. Her silvery white hair was stuck to her scalp, sweat marring her face and looking as if she could barely lift up her arms.

Maester Mellos left the room, re-appearing with her father, Aegon, her mother - and Aemond?

She frowned slightly, but offered them a tired smile, the labour had been long, hours and hours of agonising screams and tired breaths.

She didn't dare complain, Helaena had it far worse, it had been a fair,y long labour, one Daenerys had been present for at the desperate request of her sister.

Her father stared desperately at Daenerys, attempting to catch her eye, looking miserable and defeated when she ignored him. He had been a ghost ever since Driftmark, months had passed but she refused to make it easy on him, let him suffer, let him grow thinner and weaker while she thrived.