Chapter 6-10

Chapter 6 Dowry

  Ruan Yunyun pretended to be afraid, hid behind a chubby old lady, lowered her head and said weakly: "I dare not say."

  Aunt Zhang walked up to Ruan Yunyun and encouraged her: "Are you so afraid to say this? Will someone eat you up if you say it?"

  She knew how much Ruan Yunyun respected Chen Azhen. Judging from Ruan Yunyun's reaction, she probably didn't dare to say anything bad about Chen Azhen. The more Ruan Yunyun didn't dare to say it, the more she wanted to hear it!

  Ruan Yunyun showed her face from behind the aunt, "Li Guohua also said that he was not wrong about breaking off the engagement, and neither was I. The one who was wrong was the one who arranged the marriage and forced him to get married."

  She finished speaking in one breath and looked at Chen Azhen pretending to be timid, with a hint of meaning.

  Everyone followed her gaze and turned to look at Chen Azhen.

  Although they also arrange their children's marriages, it is a new era now and everyone advocates freedom of marriage. Marriage requires an acquaintance and both parties agree to it. How can it be forced?

  What's more, Chen Azhen is not Li Guohua's biological mother, this is too much!

  They looked at Chen Azhen with suspicion and disbelief in their eyes, as if they were looking at a backward element.

  "Hey, why are you looking at me? I didn't force Li Guohua to get engaged. I proposed to him only because he agreed." Chen Azhen said angrily.

  "Oh!" Everyone said in unison, but they obviously didn't believe it.

  They and Chen Azhen are old neighbors and know that Chen Azhen is the one who makes the decisions on all matters big and small in this family.

  Chen Azhen also realized that her neighbors did not believe her, but she had no way to prove herself in this matter.

  So she turned her anger towards Ruan Yunyun and said angrily:

  "She used to act so virtuous in front of me, but when she saw that she couldn't marry into my family, she became so sharp-tongued!

  We are talking about you beating Doudou, why are you bringing up his father? No matter what you say, it is wrong for you to beat Doudou!"

  Ruan Yunyun was frightened by Chen Azhen's ferocious expression and stepped back.

  Haha, this is the kind person I thought of before! Ruan Yunyun felt that she must have been blind before to trust Chen Azhen so much!

  An old lady saw her frightened expression and softened her heart, "Yunyun, don't be afraid. Explain why you hit Doudou."

  Ruan Yunyun thanked the aunt who helped her and held out the dirty wooden box and comb in her hand.

  "Doudou, are these the toys you mentioned? Are they yours?"

  Doudou leaned on Chen Azhen's thigh and said loudly: "Give me my toy!"

  Ruan Yunyun asked him again: "How did I hit you? Where did I hit you?"

  Doudou pouted and said, "You didn't hit me, but you pushed me at the door and you also took my toys."

  Ruan Yunyun lowered her head, stroked the comb and said:

  "My dear kind ladies, you all heard me. I didn't hit Doudou. I just pushed him gently when I entered the house so that he wouldn't block the door. The toy he was referring to was actually my father's relic.