Chapter 71-80

Chapter 71 Heart

  Ruan Yunyun asked softly: "Does your father know about your mother's death?"

  When she said goodbye to Lu Kangri yesterday, he looked very calm and didn't seem to be affected?

  Lu Weiping pursed his lips and shook his head silently.

  "You didn't tell him?"

  "Let's talk about it later..." Lu Weiping lay on the pillow and raised his arms to cover his eyes.

  He had mixed feelings towards his father. When he lived in the military camp, he hated his father's discipline. Later, he hated his father for divorcing his mother and abandoning him and his sick mother.

  It was not until his mother passed away and he read her diary that he realized that his father was trying to protect both him and his mother.

  When he and his father both stepped on a landmine, he felt regretful.

  In the past, the father and son seemed to have only cold conversations. Now, looking at the wrinkles at the corners of his father's eyes and the white hair on his temples, he suddenly couldn't say that his mother was gone.

  He couldn't imagine what would happen to his father if he suddenly heard the bad news, just like he couldn't imagine what would happen if one day, Ruan Yunyun left him forever.

  Let my father have some hope, thinking that my mother is still waiting for him in Qinghe City.

  Seeing that he didn't want to continue, Ruan Yunyun comforted him, "Don't worry, the farm is safe now. Dad will be fine as long as he stays there."

  She learned from Secretary Huang that Lu Kangri had been labeled a traitor and had to be reformed on the farm.

  Ruan Yunyun guessed that, in the next two years, the chaos would be rectified and Lu Kangri would be able to regain his freedom.

  "Hey, Wei Ping, you say..."

  She stood up excitedly, a gleam in her eyes, "Dad saved the kid on the farm this time, does that count as a meritorious service?"

  Lu Kangri certainly didn't save the child for the sake of merit. But if he could use it to leave the farm, then why not?

  Lu Weiping also understood Ruan Yunyun's meaning instantly. He put down his arms, his eyes lit up, but then darkened again when he thought of something, "Father won't agree."

  Based on his understanding of his father, his father would only think that saving lives is a soldier's duty and it is not considered a great achievement.

  "We don't need to go through your father about this matter. I'll go ask Captain Zhang."

  Ruan Yunyun came to Zhang Xiaolei's ward. Zhang Xiaolei was still asleep and only Gao Daqing was in the room.

  "Where is Bingyan? Why are you the only one here, Comrade Gao?" These two days, Zhang Bingyan has been staying in the ward all the time.

  "Comrade Qin is going back, so she went to see him off."

  Just as Gao Daqing finished speaking, Zhang Bingyan's voice rang out from the door, "Yunyun, you're here."

  She liked Ruan Yunyun to come over and talk with her. Sometimes Ruan Yunyun would ask her some homework questions, which could help distract her.

  As soon as Zhang Bingyan walked in, the ward seemed cramped.

  "Then...then you guys chat." Gao Daqing stood up, scratched his forehead and went out.