Chapter 17

Spenser's heart raced as he followed the enchanting melody, drawn towards its source like a moth to a flame. His footsteps quickened, fueled by a mixture of curiosity and desire. He couldn't resist the pull of the beautiful song.

When he finally reached the scene, his breath caught in his throat. There, before him, Esthony floated in the air, her body moving with an ethereal grace. She sang with a captivating trance-like quality, her voice cascading through the surrounding trees and buildings. A vibrant neon green fog enveloped her, adding to the mystique of the moment. Animals and plants gathered around her, as the sky slowly transformed into the embrace of night.

Spenser couldn't tear his gaze away from her. She was the epitome of beauty, a vision that surpassed anything he had ever seen. A deep growl escaped his chest, a mix of possessiveness and longing. He knew he was drawn to her, but also understood the dangers that lay within. The evil Queen's power resided within Esthony, making her a force to be reckoned with. And he had experienced the allure of a siren's song before, a memory that still haunted him. But in this moment, as he leaned against a nearby tree, he found himself completely entranced by Esthony's song.

Suddenly, the singing ceased, and Esthony's eyes opened. Her body remained suspended in the air, while her spirit gravitated towards Spenser, the ruggedly handsome man against the oak tree. Esthony's heart quickened as her body followed suit, floating towards him with the grace of a gentle breeze. The wind playfully tugged at her dress, revealing the curves of her body, while an assortment of petals danced around her every movement. Butterflies swarmed, as if drawn to her irresistible allure.

Esthony's hand reached out, her finger tracing the contours of Spenser's rugged jaw. Her head leaned closer, a magnetic pull drawing her towards his inviting lips. She parted her mouth, ready for a kiss that held the promise of an indescribable connection. As their lips met, a surge of energy radiated from Esthony. Light burst forth from every direction, illuminating the night with its brilliance. Waves of energy flowed into Spenser's body, intertwining their essence in a powerful exchange.

As the kiss broke, Spenser's breath slowed, his senses overwhelmed by the intensity of the moment. He yearned for more, yet he knew he had to pull away gently. Esthony's foggy eyes faded, the connection between them temporarily severed.

"What happened?" Esthony asked, her voice filled with confusion. She looked around, searching for answers, until her gaze landed on Spenser. "Spenser, when did you get here?" she questioned, her voice filled with a mix of surprise and anticipation.

Spenser's heart sank as he realized that it wasn't Esthony who desired him, but the forest siren residing within her. It was the spirit of her great grandmother, calling out to him. He felt a wave of dejection wash over him, and his eyes welled up with tears as he turned away from Esthony.

Confusion and frustration filled Esthony as she looked around, trying to make sense of the situation. She turned to Juniper, her voice filled with urgency and desperation. "Why is everyone acting so strangely?" she exclaimed. "I need to know what happened. Why can't I remember?"

Juniper approached her with a calm demeanor. "She is trying to break free," he explained bluntly. "Esthony, you have the power to control her. You can harness these abilities and keep her at bay. But you must be aware of the moment she starts overpowering you. You have the ability to stop it. No one else can."

Esthony's gaze shifted towards Spenser, who stood there in silence, his body rigid and cold. She searched his eyes for any sign of understanding or forgiveness. Her lips tingled with the memory of their passionate kiss, and she couldn't help but touch them softly, gasping at the sensation. "Spenser, did I...?" she trailed off, her voice filled with uncertainty.