Chapter 25

"Ugh hmm," Gregory coughed, and Esthony could hear the grass crunching near her.

"Esthony dear, I see you are doing... well," Anne said mockingly.

Esthony blushed bright red, which surprised her considering she was part vampire. But she accepted the reaction as a blessing of normalcy.

"Mom..." she breathed sharply while pulling away from Spenser, embarrassed.

Anne placed two hands on her hips and sighed. "Well, I guess Laza blabbed to you everything we were trying to keep secret."

Esthony's eyebrows creased intently. "Secret?" she asked guardedly.

"Yes," Anne added. "We didn't want to overwhelm you with too much information. I didn't want you to completely freak out. And I wanted to be there for you when you knew, but I guess that option has blown up in my face."

Esthony wanted to scream and shout at her mom, but she couldn't find it in her to do it. She was just grateful to be alert again.

"It's alright, Mom. I was bound to find out eventually, right?" she laughed nervously. "Besides, I look super hot now," she giggled. "Well, at least that's what Laza told me."

"And she was right," Spenser added. "You are by far the most beautiful thing I have ever seen."

Esthony blushed again. "Even for a freak like me," she added.

Spenser's face hardened. "A freak!? Where did you get that? You're perfect."

Gregory looked up from his conversation with one of the campers and shook his head playfully.

Esthony stepped back. She laughed nervously. Spenser continued to gaze at her, his eyes traveling up and down her body. She blushed again. Reaching forward, she placed her hand on his thick chest. Waves of fire sent ripples through her very core. Her stomach tightened. She wanted him so badly.

Esthony suddenly became aware of her surroundings. She glanced around, but everyone had left. She assumed her mom felt embarrassed, but was surprised Gregory had not stuck around.

"I thought you wanted to kill me?" she asked somberly.

Spenser's eyes grayed. "I was summoned to kill you, but the first time I laid eyes on you, I knew I couldn't. Then I grew very protective of you.

That's why I was so enraged by Joel's presence. I saw the way he looked at you. It burned inside me. I couldn't bear to see you with another man.

Then the more you spent time with him, the more enraged I became. I tried to fight it, but I couldn't. You intoxicated me so thoroughly; I thought at times I could not breathe. Everything about you, your smell, your taste... I could not concentrate. My head fogged with visions of you in my arms..."

Her body leaned toward his, a magnetic pull drawing them closer. Her arms wrapped around his neck, holding on tight. With her toes lifting off the ground, her lips hovered just inches from his. The air crackled with anticipation as heat radiated from their bodies, their pulses quickening in sync.

"Esthony," he breathed, his voice filled with desire. She leaned in closer, her lips brushing against his, igniting a fire within both of them. Their movements synced effortlessly, a dance of passion and longing.

As their kiss deepened, she couldn't help but let out a soft moan, surrendering herself completely to the moment. In this embrace, she realized that she wasn't the only one in love. He felt it too, their connection undeniable.

Between breaths, she whispered, "I love you." The words hung in the air, a declaration of her heart's truth.

Spenser trembled in her arms, his vulnerability palpable. Sensing his nervousness, she gently caressed his cheek, locking eyes with him. "I want to spend my life with you," he confessed, his words punctuated by sharp breaths. He showered her forehead, lips, and neck with kisses, each touch evoking a moan of pleasure.