hallucinations

nobody had heard from ned since his gig at the bar last week. you tried calling him, but he never picked up. you decided to go over to his house and check on him.

maybe he's sick or something, you thought.

you knocked on the door. no response.

you knocked again, louder.

"ned! it's me, Y/N! open the door!" you yelled, hoping he would hear you.

eventually, you heard the sound of multiple locks being unlocked, and the door cracked open. ned looked surprised to see you.

"hey ned, are you ok? did you hear me knocking?" you asked.

"i heard you, i just thought it was someone else..." he said, his eyes darting around as if he was looking for something.

someone else? who is he trying to avoid? you thought.

he opened the door and let you in. you and ned sat down on the couch. you immediately noticed the heavy bags under his eyes. it looked like he hadn't slept for days.

"ned, what's going on? everyone is worried about you." you said.

you noticed he wasn't even wearing his sunglasses. something must be really wrong.

"you're gonna think i've gone crazy" he replied, still looking around the room and fidgeting anxiously.

"you know that youtuber danny gonzalez? the guy who made that video hating on me? well, he's been appearing in my dreams every night. and i keep seeing him around the house too. it's like he's everywhere. i can't escape danny."

you looked at him in shock as he continued talking.

"at first i didn't want to say anything, i thought this would just go away. but it's only getting worse! at night, he torments my dreams, and during the day, i feel him watching me. always watching. i see him out of the corner of my eye, and out the windows. he whispers things to me, demanding that i delete my tiktok account. i don't want to, but is there any other choice? he'll never stop unless i do what he wants!"

ned looked exhausted. this had clearly been taking a huge toll on him.

"oh! wow ned, that sounds awful. give me a second to look something up real quick." you said, as you quickly pulled out your phone and googled "symptoms of schizophrenia"