investigations

after you convinced ned to talk to a therapist, you decided to do some research on danny gonzalez. turns out, a lot of people claimed to have seen danny in their dreams, describing the same experiences ned was talking about.

maybe ned wasn't hallucinating! all these people have had the same thing happen to them.

something was off about danny. it seemed like he used to be a normal commentary youtuber, but he suddenly did a full 180 and became the monster he is today. after doing a bit of digging, you found contact info for some of danny's close friends and family.

you put together a list of people to talk to about danny's odd behavior. maybe one of them would have some clues on how to stop him.

your list included: his ex wife laura, kurtis conner, drew gooden, and his cousin from rural minnesota zayden longzan.

you started by contacting his cousin zayden, who happened to be a famous instagram model. "danny and i used to be really close. we used to talk all the time, but 3 years ago he just stopped responding. we haven't spoken since."

kurtis said, "i hadn't heard from him in a while but i thought he was just busy. i asked if he wanted to collab, but he kinda went crazy and got really angry saying stuff like "you insolent fool! how dare you suggest that i would even think of showing your face on MY youtube channel! you only want to use me and take my clout. well the joke's on you, kurt! i know your true intentions! you can't trick danny!!" and then he blocked me. that guy is totally crazy"

drew said, "i tried to invite him to a kidz bop concert, but he got really aggressive and said i would never become a kidz bop kid. harsh! then he blocked me."

finally, it was time to get laura's side of the story. out of anyone, she was the most likely to have info about danny's sudden change in behavior.

"everything was normal until one day danny said he heard a weird noise in the basement. he went down there to check, and when he came back, it was like he was a totally different person! he started acting weird, always talking about gaining more subscribers. i tried to bring it up to him, but every time i did he would get really agitated and say things like "i'm not acting weird! you're acting weird! i'm acting normal, you're being crazy!" so i left him and took the dogs with me."

something bad must have happened in danny's basement. i've got to check it out.