Vol. 1 Ch. 3: Complex Feelings and Conditions

Ciel POV

------------------------------

As I opened my eyes, I saw a white ceiling. My whole body ached and when I tried to sit up, a jolt of pain shot up my back and chest. Grunting, I flopped back down and looked to my right where I realized I was in a hospital.
"Great. I'm in a hospital. I can just hear what Satoru would say.. 'You actually got injured? Blah blah blah.' " I muttered to myself, waiting for the white-haired annoyance to walk through the door.

To my surprise, the first person to walk through the door wasn't Satoru, nor was it Utahime or Yaga. It was Rimuru.

"You're awake? How are you feeling?" he asked, with a calm and peaceful tone. "The doctors say that you need to rest for a few days. Your ribs and spine are in a precarious condition. I had to make the excuse of you getting hit by a speeding truck that drove away."

I nodded my head and thanked him, before seeing him holding what seemed to be an apple, a knife, and a... is that a gown?

He placed the apple and knife on the table and said with no tact whatsoever, "Lift your arms. The nurse said that you need to change your gown."

"Huh?! I- wha- you..." I stuttered, with my cheeks growing redder and redder by the second.

"Lift your arms before I rip it off," he said. "I don't want to be too forceful with you."

With my last shred of dignity I lifted my arms and allowed him to change my hospital gown. My own decency falling victim to a person I had just met recently. He began to untie the laces of my hospital gown and lifted it off. I was entirely exposed, but Rimuru didn't seem to care. It was at that moment a male nurse walked in. Thankfully, before he could look up from his clipboard, Rimuru quickly grabbed the curtain and opened it up, covering my bed and me in the process.
Maybe he has some respect for me after all.
Rimuru walked over to me to finish, but scrunched his eyes and said. "You look like you're uncomfortable. Let me get a cool towel to wipe you down."
"Wait! Don't leave me here like this!" I called after him, but it was too late.
Five minutes later, Rimuru came back to the sight of me wrapped in the hospital blanket.
He wiped me down and redressed me in the gown before opening the curtain once more.
After he finished, he set the gown down on the side of the bed and began to peel an apple.

"In case you're scared of your own decency, you should know there wasn't anything to see," he said.

I took the gown on the bed and smacked him over the head. "Shut up!" I yelled, fuming with anger.

He continued on with peeling the apple before cutting slices into rabbits and placing them on a plate. "Here. Eat up." he stated, handing me the plate.

I ate the apples and as I attempted to swallow the last one, I began to choke. Rimuru, being as tactless as he is, did the heimlich maneuver but without closing his fists, clasping around my waist.

As I gasped for air, I could hear Rimuru muttering to himself, so I determined it must be the snake, Nyoka.

"What? What did I do?" he muttered, wincing in pain.

"You need to learn to respect others' boundaries, especially girls." the voice, I assume was Nyoka whispered back

"I lived with Todo and Yuki my whole life. What do you expect?" he snapped back, speaking matter of factly.

As dumb enough as it sounds, that statement made a lot more sense then it should have.

And as if my day couldn't have gotten more hectic, the white-haired, sunglasses-wearing moron showed up.

"Hehehe. Ciel! You got injured while fighting a curse? Hehe. I thought you were better than that." Satoru; my uncle chuckled, ticking me off.

"Would you be quiet? This is a hospital. Not a playground for an incessant yapping fool named Satoru Gojo. The patient needs peace." Rimuru gumbled, seeming quite irritated by my uncle's appearance and attitude.