Chapter 4: Answers

Y/N and Celeste headed back to her room and Celeste sat on her bed while Y/N sat at the desk. Celeste had a calm stoic expression looking at Y/N.

Celeste: So, are you tell me what happened to you?

Y/N: *Deep breath* Remember what I told you all those years ago? About that group.

Celeste: You mean the group that was pursuing you?

Y/N: Yeah, well...they found me.

Celeste: How?

Y/N: I don't know how but they did. They showed up at the house, and came after me. I...handled them but I knew that you were no longer safe to be around me so...I deleted everything connecting us together and vanished.

Celeste: And where was I during this?

Y/N: That underground gambling tournament with...what was him name Ryusuke? You know that rich wannabe punk that thought he could beat you.

Celeste: I remember...so before I came back, you erased every trace of yourself from my life...

Y/N: Yeah...afterword's I kept moving, not staying in one place too long, having the occasional run in with them...Eventually I got caught...and things happened.

Celeste: What things?

Y/N: ...I...I rather not explain. Just bad things happened...after about a month of being held prisoner I barely managed to escape and found myself posing as a homeless man wandering the streets, that was until I was found again, but this time not by the group but by Hope's Peak. I don't know how, but the guy said that they had a entire team of people searching for me using the best equipment in the world. I was rather hesitant at first but they convinced me when they said they had ways to protect me. Figured it may've been my best shot so I took it. And well you know what's happened since then.

Celeste: I see...

Y/N: Barely surviving out in the streets to now being stuck in some sadistic school whatever you can call this...but they, at least your here with me again, maybe it'll be like old times.

Celeste: I...I really hope that it can be. Now, I'm going to shower now. If you'll excuse me.

Y/N: Goodnight Celeste. I'll see you in the morning.

Celeste: Same to you Y/N, good night.

Y/N left the room and Celeste sighed.

Celeste: Y/N...back then you didn't have to leave...I would've helped if you simply asked.

Y/N meanwhile decided to walk around a little before he fell asleep but he saw something very interested, Kyoko was looking at one of the gates blocking everyone to go to the next floor.

Y/N: What are you thinking about?

Kyoko: These gates...in the rules it says we are free to explore with some restrictions, but why gate off an entire floor?

Y/N: Hmm...perhaps it's part of our motivation?

Kyoko: Explain?

Y/N: Well, Monokuma wants us to either kill each other or all live together for the rest of our lives. So Monokuma probably plans to "motivate" us towards the former. I don't know how he'll do it but I believe this will be part of it all.

Kyoko: Not a bad hypothesis.

Y/N: So, what's your take on all of this?

Kyoko: It's definitely a difficult situation, no matter where I look I can't find a way out.

Y/N: I doubt there is a way out, at least at the moment, unless well...

Kyoko: The killing starts...

Y/N: Yeah...