Dealing

Yusuke was in his room pacing. He had been home for a week now and he was still figuring things out. His desk and wall was plastered with papers, notes, scribbles and other random things all of it pertaining to his plans for his paranormal research team. He seriously needed a break this stuff was exhausting.

"Yusuke?" His mother's voice rang out happily as she knocked on his door.

Yusuke smiled "yeah mom?"

Atsuko walked in "hey kiddo Kuwabara is here." She started to pull her hair back "I need some new work shirts so I'm gonna head out!" She waved "have fun boys!"

Kuwabara chuckled softly as he entered Yusuke's room "your mom has a spring in her step now that you're back."

Yusuke nodded "yeah. I still feel really bad about leaving and making her think it was her fault but at least she's doing better."

"True." Kuwabara looked around Yusuke's room "making a bit of a mess Urameshi?" He picked up a couple papers from the floor.

Yusuke shrugged "I'm not trying to. It's just a lot to take on."

"You need a shelf or two in here." Kuwabara suggested as he tried separating loose papers, magazines and notebooks to at least be semi organized.

"Yeah yeah mom says the same thing." Yusuke kneeled down picking up some pencils he dropped earlier "I'll think about it."

Kuwabara nodded humming questionably as he found a sketchbook under a couple magazines. He picked it up "also if you need help I'm free." He opened the sketchbook to the first page which just had Yusuke's name written on it "what exactly has been giving you trouble?" He turned to the next page which was a detailed and expertly drawn portrait of Yoko from back in middle school. It was even colored and shaded beautifully.

Yusuke reached under his bed to get more pencils "a lot honestly." He sighed "I dropped out of middle school and even then I was never that good at math. The money mom put away for me is going to be a huge help but I still need to figure out what I can actually get with that money."

Kuwabara turned the page "well I can definitely help you with that." The next page was a portrait just as expertly drawn as the first but this time it was Kuwabara...again drawn like how he was in middle school "once I buckled down I aced my classes..." The next page was a group drawing of the three of them Yusuke, Yoko and his self. The drawing almost looked like a boy band album cover.

Yusuke chuckled "good then..." He put the pencils back in the cup as he stood "I'll have to find the noteb..." He paused as he turned and saw what Kuwabara was holding. He glared "what do you think you're doing?"

Kuwabara looked at Yusuke then turned back to the sketchbook "you're the one who left it in the open."

Yusuke quickly went for the book "that's private!"

Kuwabara held it above his head "then you should have hidden it better." He teased.

Yusuke glared, his eyebrow twitching in annoyance. He punched Kuwabara in the stomach quickly swiping the sketchbook as he doubled over in pain.

Kuwabara groaned slowly trying to catch his breath "come on Urameshi...that was a little far."

Yusuke huffed blushing softly as he hugged the sketchbook "maybe don't touch other peoples things without permission!"

Kuwabara coughed softly. He straightened up wincing "did...you actually draw those?"

Yusuke bit the inside of his cheek. He swallowed hard and sighed looking down at the sketchbook "Genkai...my teacher told me to write down descriptions of what I was seeing. She said it would help my mind deal with the craziness." He put the sketchbook on his bed then pulled out another from under his bed "I really couldn't put into words what I was seeing so I started drawing... obviously they all looked horrible when I first started but once I got to the point everything looked almost like a photograph..." He handed Kuwabara the second sketchbook.