King

Kuwabara whistled a little tune as he knocked on Yoko and Kurama's home door.

Their mother answered with a smile "good morning Kazuma. Shuichi told me you'd be here come on in!"

Kuwabara nodded "thank you Miss. Minamino." He slipped in kicking off his shoes.

She laughed softly "again it's ok to call me Shiori." She stood at the bottom of the stairs "Shuichi! Kazuma is here!" She nodded at Kuwabara and went to the kitchen.

Kuwabara went up to Kurama's room and knocked.

"Come in Kazuma!"

Kuwabara slowly opened the door "morning Kurama." He looked around at the room, it was a bit disorganized at the moment.

Kurama smiled "morning. I'm almost done packing up the books... just going through some stuff to make sure I'm not forgetting anything."

Kuwabara looked through Kurama's bookshelf "you sure you grabbed all the books?"

Kurama nodded placing a couple of books in a small box "yes I'm pretty sure...but it's always good to have fresh eyes take a lo...damn it."

Kuwabara turned to see Kurama pick up his glasses from the floor. He hummed "does that happen often?"

Kurama sighed as he fixed his glasses back onto his face "yeah...but can't really help it."

"You can get frames that hug your face better."

"I've thought about it but then I get paranoid."

"About?"

Kurama placed a couple more books in the box "well...as you know I went to a special school for higher education." Kuwabara nodded "well...Even among my peers I was still a top student. People either hated me and were jealous or wanted to be associated with me to get something for themselves. I used to wear really nice glasses but..."

Kuwabara winced "don't tell me someone purposely broke them?"

Kurama nodded "even intellectuals can be bullies. A classmate would break them I'd get nice new ones and a few days later they'd get broken again. I started choosing cheaper frames to lessen the burden on my mother for having to buy new frames every couple of months." He shrugged, "it just became the norm to get cheap frames."

Kuwabara hummed thoughtfully "yeah...I can see that becoming the norm." He huffed "I feel like most intellectuals have a chip on their shoulder and will go one of two ways when someone is smarter. Either become bullies to prove they are 'better' in a different way or they try to study more to surpass who outsmarted them. I know a few of my classmates in my prep school definitely would have bullied me if I didn't look like I do."

Kurama chuckled softly "you're lucky Kazuma...both strength and brains are hard to find in one person. You balance it out very well."

Kuwabara rubbed the back of his head grinning and chuckling "awwww I've always been really strong all I needed to do was apply myself."

Kurama nodded "it's admirable."

Kuwabara blushed softly then turned back to the bookshelf double checking that Kurama grabbed everything. He stood back a bit noticing a book on top of the shelf pushed back a bit. He hummed softly as he took it down and showed it to Kurama "forgot one."

Kurama took the book from Kuwabara rolling his eyes "I knew Yoko hid one of my books!" He sighed and put the book in the box.

"Where is Yoko by the way? I'm surprised he's not helping you."

"He's helping Yusuke put together desks and shelves at the office."

"Oooooooh so some stuff was delivered? I didn't know that."