🍁 Thirteen • Wedding Shopping 🍁

Mandira didn't speak to Vidyut for the entire car ride to the shopping mall. Earlier she wanted to buy color-coordinating outfits for herself and Vidyut. But now she had changed her mind.

The car halted at the entrance of the mall. Mandira, Kajal, and Vaidehi stood at the entrance and waited for Vidyut to park the car before they headed inside together. Vidyut was just tailing behind the girls from shop to shop in a bored mood. He told Kajal to buy clothes for her husband too. But Kajal refused and didn't even bother to give any excuse. It was obvious that she hated Vikram and wasn't willing to do anything for him. Vidyut rolled his eyes at her behaviour and gave up. He turned towards Mandira who was going through various designer sarees. He walked towards her and stood beside her. Vidyut noticed how she scrunched her nose at the designs.

“Are you looking for something simpler?” Vidyut asked his wife, who ignored his question and kept looking through the sarees.

He stood there, observing her frowned face. After a while, he spoke again, “How about we wear color-coordinating outfits?”

Mandira looked at him with a surprised look. She couldn't believe he had the same idea as her. And she wanted to say yes. Of course she wanted them to wear matching clothes. But... she was angry with him!

So Mandira decided to say, “Do whatever you want.”

Vidyut smiled, “I'll take that as a yes.”

For some odd reasons, Mandira wanted to annoy Vidyut. That smile on his face irritated her. Maybe because he was forcing her to break her years of friendship with Devika. So now Mandira wanted to mess with Vidyut. Her gaze fell on a soft pink saree. If she wore a pink saree, then Vidyut will be forced to wear pink too. And in this short time Mandira had observed that Vidyut's wardrobe lacked colors. He only wore white, black, or gray. Wearing pink will definitely annoy him to the core. With the intention to embarrass her husband, Mandira purchased that cute pink saree. She bought two more sarees in purple and butter yellow shades.

Vidyut didn't really paid any attention to the colors of her sarees. He was engrossed in his phone all the while.

“There will be Bachelorette party too,” Vidyut informed the girls. Looking at Vaidehi's excited face, Vidyut immediately added, “But you won't be joining us, Vaidehi.”

“Bhaiya, I'm twenty-one!” Vaidehi whined.

“No means no. My baby sister is so cute. Some boy will flirt with you and will end up getting beaten by me. I'm saying this because I don't want you to feel guilty about getting a guy beaten up because of you,” Vidyut joked.

“You are such a hypocrite. You can have an affair, but I can't even talk to boys,” Vaidehi was clearly annoyed by Vidyut's joke. But the mention of his affair made both Vidyut and Kajal uncomfortable. Because Vidyut had only one affair. With Kajal.

Vaidehi didn't realize that her remark ruined two people's mood. But Mandira understood that just by looking at their faces.

“Umm, Vidyut, I have to buy a dress for Bachelorette party. Come with me,” She held Vidyut's wrist and walked out of the shop while carrying three shopping bags on the other arm.

✿ ✿ ✿

They entered the store of a luxury fashion brand. An attendant greeted both of them.

“I want to buy a black dress.”

“May I know your preferences please? Short dress or full length? Are you okay with exposing dresses?”

“Umm... a full-length dress. And I'm okay with revealing dresses.”