🍁 Sixteen • Preparations 🍁

Mandira had never imagined to see that annoyingly handsome face again. The man she both loved and hated.

“Purab Sir!?”

Mandira was going to hug him but Vidyut held her arm. He was quite shocked at her willingness to hug another guy.

Purab was hiding his face under his palms out of embarassment.

“This girl will remain stupid,” he mumbled under his breath.

“Both of you know each other?” It was Vikram who asked this question.

Purab nodded even though he wanted to deny all his connections with Mandira. And Mandira too nodded enthusiastically.

“So you don't remember?” Purab asked Vikram. Vikram had no idea what he was supposed to remember.

“Vikram, remember four years back you came to meet me in the university and a chappal came flying towards you and hit your nose?”

“Oh, how can I forget that embarrassing day?” Till date he ended up cringing whenever that scene flashed in front of his eyes.

“It was Mandira's chappal. This cartoon used to be my student,” Mandira was that one annoying student who used to eat his brain as her daily snack.

“Ohhhh! That's why Vikram Bhaiya looked a little familiar,” and finally Mandira realized the reason behind the sense of familiarity she felt towards Vikram.

“Oh, so it was you,” who would have known that the young girl from that embarrassing incident will one day get married to his brother.

Vidyut, Kajal, and Vaidehi were quietly standing in the background because they had no idea what was going on.

“How about we continue the chat over the breakfast?” Vidyut asked and everyone nodded. All of them sat down on the dining table and began eating the Dal Parantha.

Mandira turned towards Vidyut who was sitting on her right side, “Vidyut, you know, I was Purab Sir's favorite student.” Mandira was full on flexing her bond with Purab.

Purab frowned at her, “Well, Devika used to be my favorite student. She never scored below nine-five in psychology. While you always struggled to even score eighty in it.”

Vidyut couldn't help but burst out laughing at how Purab roasted Mandira so effortlessly. But his laughter died down when Mandira passed him a deadly glare.

He turned towards Purab, “Purab Bhai, Mandira and I were actually coming to your university today.”

Mandira passed him a look full of curiosity, “We are going to the university today?”

Vidyut nodded, “Yeah, to get you enrolled in the MPhil program.”

Purab coughed a little, “You mean, I'll have to bear her again?”

Mandira frowned, “I'm not that annoying, sir.”

Vidyut caressed her back, “You should decide your research topic.”

“I already have a topic,” Mandira replied proudly.

“What's that?” Purab asked her, although he had an idea of what her research topic could be. She had a keen interest in abnormal psychology and he could bet that the topic was related to that.

“The relationship between childhood trauma and the development of dissociative disorders.”

“Oh, nice,” Vidyut praised her even though he had no idea what it meant.

“Okay, I'll get the paperwork done today,” Purab nodded.

✿ ✿ ✿

Mandira and Vidyut stepped out of the university after doing the paperwork.