🍁 Twenty • Hidden Lovers 🍁

✿ a few nights ago ✿

Mandira was passing by the balcony entrance when she found it's door open and heard some noise coming from the balcony. She got curious. So Mandira stepped into the balcony, only to see something she hadn't imagined she will witness.

“What are you doing here?” She asked.

It was Vaidehi standing there with a guy. Vaidehi panicked and tried to explain the situation to Mandira, “Bhabhi, please calm down.” She looked at her lover, “He is Rajvir. And he is a family friend. My brothers know him. But they don't know about us.”

Mandira was looking at Rajvir with beady eyes.

Rajvir spoke, “I understand you are having doubts. But I know my limits. Nothing has happened between us. But I'm also very serious about being with Vaidehi.”

Mandira was confused about how to react.

“I think you should leave, Rajvir,” Vaidehi caressed his palm and told him to leave. Rajvir nodded understandingly and climbed down the balcony after mumbling a Bye to her.

“Does anyone else know about you guys?” Mandira asked Vaidehi as soon as Rajvir left.

Vaidehi nodded, “Kajal Bhabhi knows.”

Mandira was struggling to digest this shocker that her innocent looking sister-in-law was hiding a love affair from her brothers. But she didn't want to get involved. It was Vaidehi's personal life, after all.

“Look, Vaidehi, it's none of my business. So I won't tell your Bhaiya about it. But it would be better if you tell them about your relationship as soon as possible,” Mandira adviced her.

“Umm... I will,” Though Vaidehi nodded, the hesitation in her voice told that she was scared to tell her brothers about Rajvir. But isn't he a family friend? Then why was she afraid?

Mandira walked away from there. Okay, she caught her sister-in-law with a guy. But she chose not to get involved in the mess.

✿ ✿ ✿

✿ the night of bachelorette party ✿

✿ ✿ ✿

Vaidehi chose not to go to the Bachelorette party. Earlier she was excited for the party because Rajvir was going to attend too. But then he informed her that he won't. So she also changed her mind. And right then, she was reading a novel while sitting on her bed.

“Oops, even the female lead is afraid of telling her brothers about the guy she loves. But it's a romantic comedy so she will definitely get a happy ending. What about me though?”

“Yours will be happy ending too,” And Rajvir slumped on the bed next to her.

Vaidehi shrieked, “How did you enter my room?”

“From the balcony,” He pointed at the opened glass door.

“Are you a thief or something? You have been sneaking into my house without getting caught, even in this tight security.”

“Your Bhabhi caught me naa.”

“But, Raj, you should not sneak in anymore in this tight security.”

“But you are in Lakhnaur only for few days.”

“It's too risky. And I'm not sure how Vikram Bhaiya and Vidyut Bhaiya will react if they caught us.”

“Veda, just relax. Is there anyone else in the house?” 

“No, all of them went to the party. But I'm assuming Vikram Bhaiya and Kajal Bhabhi will return soon.”

“Well, who cares? What are you reading?” He put his head in her lap.

“Oh, it's a romance novel.”

“What's the story?”

“It's about a girl who falls in love with her brother's business rival...” Vaidehi narrated him the story so far and then read the novel loudly for him. Somewhere in the fifteenth chapter, Rajvir fell asleep in her lap. She let him sleep. He could leave at the dawn.

✿ ✿ ✿

At the dawn, Rajvir sneaked out of Vaidehi's house and went straight to a bakery called Whisk and Whip.

He pulled out the spare keys and opened the bakery's door. Rajvir ascended the spiral staircase that led to the apartment above the bakery.

“Good morning, Di,” He greeted Sanjh, his half-sister.

Sanjh was in her pajamas and a towel wrapped around her wet hair.

“Good morning, Raj.”

“Do you know your husband died?” He asked her while entering the kitchen.

“Yeah, I heard it in the news. He died of a heart attack, right?”

“Nah, that's just a cover up. He was murdered by his fourth wife.” He opened the fridge and pulled out a box of cupcakes.

“The one he married after I ran away.”

“Yeah,” Rajvir sat down on the dining table and began eating the cupcakes made by Sanjh

“What will happen to her?” Sanjh came and sat down in front of him.

“His family is trying to press a strong case against her. But there are evidences of domestic abuse on her body. So I think she won't get a harsh sentence.” 

Sanjh hummed, somewhat relieved after hearing that, “Hmm, what about your father?”

“He isn't dying anytime soon.”

“I don't know if I sound harsh but I want him to die. So that I can stop hiding in this bakery and live peacefully with my daughter.”

“I understand. By the way, your friend Mandira is married to Vidyut.”

Sanjh was pleasantly surprised by the news, “Really? That's surprising. Vidyut is like calm ocean and Mandira is a tsunami. It must be fun witnessing their arguments,” She laughed imagining their interactions.

“You can meet them, you know,” Rajvir suggested.

“Nah, I don't want to take any risk,” Sanjh waved her hand.

“When was the last time you stepped out of the bakery?” Rajvir asked.

“I don't remember.”

“Your life will be easy once my father dies, right?”

“Yes.”

“Take care.”  He had finished the cupcakes by then. So he patted her shoulder and walked down the spiral staircase.

✿ ✿ ✿

Around nine o'clock, Rajvir was having breakfast with his parents. His mother had a fresh bruise on her face. His father didn't even care to hide that he is an abusive husband. As if he felt proud of doing it and was showing off the bruises as a trophy. But Rajvir stayed silent just as his mother told him to be since childhood.

The maid came with the old man's tea. The sight of his father drinking the tea made him quite restless every morning. Because he knew that the maid was slow poisoning the old man who raped her on multiple occasions. But when will the poison show it's signs? He was waiting for his father's death. A lot of people were waiting for him to die a painful death.

“Let's wait a little more. Or I'll have to personally give him a painful death.”

•••

Well, are you intrigued by Rajvir or not? 👀