Chapter 2

True to her word Daphne came back in the morning leaving a basket on the front porch that she left immediately to see if he took the basket.

This continued on for a couple of days, until one day Daphne is carrying a basket of food for the unknown man but stops when she saw that he was already standing outside.

Too Maximilian he felt like her attempts were weak and a childish on what she was doing. He wanted to be left alone he wanted to be left alone forever.

But somehow he knew that he was not going to do that with someone like Daphne that keeps popping up everyday. Daphne was truly shocked to see him standing outside waiting. She was not ready to see him right now, she did think about turning around and just leave but he spotted her.

"I am not sure what you are trying to do but this needs to stop". Maximilian said looking at Daphne.

"I am just trying to be nice and to understand you". Daphne said

"I don't want to understood, all I want is to be alone". Maximilian said as he shut the door again.

Leaving Daphne alone standing at the front door she took my moment to herself before she acted.

"Well, I am not going anywhere, and I am glad that you like the baskets I left for you. I will see you tomorrow". Daphne shouted at the house before she left again.

She was going to produce a great plan for tomorrow to really get under his skin. Once she got home she placed all her things down on the table that she made her way to the back where the tools were, she was going to take her outside tools and bring them with her.

She was going to make so much noise where he could not ignore her anymore, where he would have to have a lengthy conversation with her without shutting the door in front of her face. The alarm clock woke up Daphne, she opened up her eyes making her realize that she had to do the main thing that was on her mind.

She rushed out of her bed to get herself ready and dressed before grabbing her tools. She had everything with her and she made her way out of her home she looks like a complete fool caring all of her tools in the street going to the poor State House of the town. When she got to the house she had to think immediately what she should do first, snapping her fingers she started.

Maximilian heard something or someone really close to his house and he knew that it was that woman, Daphne. He ruled his eyes as he got off of his bed walking to the broke in front door to tell her off once again and hopefully she will listen. But he stopped when he saw what she was doing.

Maximilian was trying to control his anger and not growl at her, no one needed to know what he was. Daphne was working away until she felt someone behind her turning around she saw him. Daphne stood up ready for whatever words he was going to say to her.

"Why can't you leave me alone" Maximilian said

"It's not my style" Daphne said quite simply.

" of course it is. Listen, I need you to leave. Just leave me alone". Maximilian said hoping that she would leave him alone but he would be terribly mistaken.

" I am afraid not, I am not going anywhere, I will do what I can hear for today and then I will come back tomorrow". Daphne said that she turned around to push on with the work she started leaving Maximilian very confused on what just happened.

Maximilian rolled his eyes again and then he moved into his house once again shutting his door very forcefully.

When he was inside his house he walked Daphne work away in his front yard, he was trying to understand if she was messed up in the head because she kept coming back but he wasn't quite sure. To him he was at a loss for words seeing Daphne everyday.

Maximilian went back into his room trying to control his mind where he looked on his bedside table that held a picture of his mate that died a long time ago. Closing his eyes hoping that the pain will not come back again of that hurtful memory.

Taking a deep breath he just stared at the walls where he felt something inside of his heart like someone was telling him that it was okay to talk, to love again. He did not want to do that because he was scared that he would lose all those memories that was close to his heart. But once again he felt like it was okay to do that, without knowing he made his way back to the front door.

Maximilian came back out where he saw Daphne still in his front yard, Daphne saw him when she turned around. She thought that he would force her to leave his yard but no.

That is not what she felt when he was watching her at all. There was a small pause between them both before Maximilian came closer to her.

"Maximilian".

Daphne smiled when he spoke his name to her.

"Love the name, it's old but it is a strong name". Daphne said

Maximilian took the tool out of her hand and he started work himself. Daphne smiled and victory and she moved on to get the leaves together. Both of them were getting many stairs as people stopped and watched them in the yard.

"I am sorry, I did not know so many people would watch us" Daphne said

"It's alright, truth to be told when I go here there were hardly any people here in the town". Maximilian said

That got Daphne's attention, it made her wonder how old Maximilian really was. Also that got maximilians attention as well as he felt her eyes on him. He knew that should have not said that but it was too late.

Both went on working in the front yard, As Time passed by they finished the front yard and now both of them were sitting on the porch. Maximilian watched Daphne pulling something out of a bag and she handed him something and then she pulled something out for herself. He opened it up seeing that it was food, he wasted no time when eating the food, he would not lie Daphne is a really good cook.

After eating the food and good silence they watch the beautiful sky before Daphne looked at Maximilian.

"I will see you tomorrow". Daphne said

"I have no doubt" Maximilian said