Chapter 7

Afterwards when the furniture came Daphne and Maximilian started to place everything in the right areas in the house. The house was finally nicely put together but also Maximilian was getting closer to Daphne.

He opened up more about himself to Daphne and she did the same. Next to me it's hard was opening up when Daphne was around he wanted to do more but he was scared.

Inside the house Daphne was in the living room waiting a book but she put the book down and she walked to the large doors that led to the back.

That is when she saw Maximilian coming still in his wolf form. She smiled at the scene in front of her, she walked outside to stand in front of Maximilian.

She raised her hand to place on his head to touch his fur and Maximilian let her touch his head. They were having a moment until Maximilian raised his head because he heard something. Maximilian turn back to his human form standing naked next to Daphne.

Daphne did not look at Maximilian at all, they went inside the house where Maximilian grabbed a pair of sweatpants before he went to the front side of house to see what was the noise.

Standing out, Maximilian looked in the distance to see what the noise was, Daphne came closer to stand to accidentally and trying to see what he was looking at. Maximilians smelled in the distance to figure out what it could be and he was able to figure it out. He smelled rogues.

Smelling rogues in the distance brought a horrible memories Within Myself to make it worse he had this feeling within himself to protect Daphne, for him he didn't care about himself.

" Daphne, get inside the house and go to your room and stay there until I get you". Maximilian said without looking at Daphne

"What is going on". Daphne asked

Maximilian looked at Daphne, he gave Daphne a look without saying anything to her.

She understood that whatever it was if serious so she went inside the house going to her room immediately without looking back. Once inside her room she waited by the door, waiting for Maximilian to come.

After a few minutes Daphne heard steps coming towards her. Her door open up showing Maximilian coming into her room. Wasting no time Maximilian went straight to Daphne grabbing her into a hug.

He wrapped his arms around her, he would never admit it but he felt so scared that she would just disappear from his side. And the brief time that they had met and been together Maximilian could say that he cares for her.

They had a moment together as they were in an Embrace with each other. Maximilian pulled away from Daphne.

"Are you okay" Daphne asked

"I am now if you can say so. I do not understand why these rogues are here". Maximilian said

"Are we in trouble"? Daphne spoke slightly scared

Maximilian grabbed Daphne's hand "No, not when I am standing here. We are going to be okay, but we need to be careful more than ever". Maximilian said

Daphne nodded her head towards everything that he said

The rest of the day Maximilian and Daphne stayed in one room, Maximilian was nervous to leave the room without Daphne by his side. He was just waiting for the road to catch his scent and come over to his house.

He thought to himself in the morning he would need to fix the outside area, to put up some security points around the house to make sure that Daphne stayed safe.

When night fell Daphne fell asleep on the bed immediately when Maximilian watched her sleep but also he listened what happened outside. His enhanced hearing was helping him now and he was able to hear it all.

The Rogues did not know that he was there so he closed his eyes let him sleep calm his way right by Daphne. Sunlight hit Maximilian face making him know that it was morning, getting up from the bed he saw the Daphne was still asleep.

He moved to one of the windows of the bedroom to see if he heard anything and he did not hear anything to stress him out. So Maximilian went to the bathroom just to have a moment to himself where he could think about what he should do next.

When he finished in the bathroom he made his way back to the doctor where he saw that she was awake now and that she gave him a smile. Maximilian gave her a smile right back.

"Did you sleep well" Maximilian asked

"Yes, did you sleep well"? Daphne asked as she gets out of the bed stretch

"I did sleep well. Now are you hungry"? Maximilian spoke

"Yes, I could eat". Daphne said

Maximilian nodded his head and he gently grabbed her hand and as they made their way to the kitchen.

Daphne could tell that Maximilian was tents and she was sure that he was stressing out about the Rogues nearby. And from what Maximilian told her about the rogues, they are nothing to be messed with and that they are an issue.

But also another bad part is that Maximilian has no pack to keep him safe made her Wonder if there was any other werewolves I wanted to be a part of Maximilian's pack. But she was not going to bring that up to him at least not right now.

They sat down at the table to have some muffins and coffee that they make together they were enjoying the time together inside the kitchen and when they finished Daphne told Maximilian that she was going to go get changed. He nodded his head as he watched to go back up to her room to change him to some clean clothes.

When Daphne came back out Maximilian told her that they need to go to get some things and that he will need her help.

" today is going to be a different than the other days. Since the Rogues are in the area we need to be careful more than anything. Today we are going on the property line and we are going to make some protecting details for your sake". Maximilian said

Daphne nodded her head "Alright, let's go".

Maximilian and Daphne went outside to look around the property line to see what he could do to keep Daphne safe for the meantime.

But things took a turn when the rogues smelled him but they also smelled Daphne. But was stressed him out was that they did not come to them.

That made him very worried on what the rogues were doing. Spending a lot of time outside by looking at the property line and finding out ways to keep Daphne safe Maximilian was very pleased.

When they finished Maximilian and Daphne made their way back inside the house but Maximilian saw one rogue in the distance just watching him, that did not sit well with Maximilian whatsoever.

He shut the door and locking it with the bolts but later that night Maximilian told Daphne after they had dinner that she was going to go to his room.

"Daphne, you will be with me in my room tonight". Maximilian said

"Your room". Daphne said

"Yes, one rogue came close to the house today, I saw him. You will stay with me in arms reach until this is dealt with, okay". Maximilian said trying to get Daphne to understand the seriousness of the matter.

"Okay, I understand". Daphne said

They cleaned up the dishes and they went back upstairs for bed, Daphne was nervous when she was going to share the bed with Maximilian but in the back of my mind she knew that she would be safe with him.

She knew that he would keep her safe and soon enough sleep came for the both of them. Maximilian wonder what would happen tomorrow but he knew that he needs to be ready for whatever may happen and that Daphne stays safe.