Chapter Five-No more rewind

[1] Where I'm from we sometimes have gas stations that double for quick dinning. Things such as fried chicken, potatoes, mac and cheese, hamburger/chicken sandwiches, soft pretzels, cookies, nachos, donuts, parfaits, salads, etc can be found at them. 

-----------------------------------------------

You stare out the window, your mind trying to make sense of what is going on. The colors around you seemed more vibrant and bright. The sun had began to set, still leaving a warm feeling on your skin as it entered from the front of the car.  Several hours had past and you must've fallen asleep at some point. The car door opens on the driver side breaking you out of your-yet to fully exist-thoughts. 

"Did I scare you sweetie? I'm sorry, had to stop to get gas." Natgan's voice reached your ears. "I got ya a drink and [favorite take out that could be found at a gas station/quick dining restaurant[1]."

Oh shit that's right, you were kidnapped by your crazed stalker who was able to use dirty money to get some cops to go along with a story that you were kidnapped by them and he was there to save you and then he gave you medication claiming that he was your caregiver. Wait, that makes no sense. You didn't appoint him to be anything towards you care, nor would a doctor prescribe medication when they had never met you. This wasn't JUST a case of dirty money, this wasn't reality. Nathan noticed the look on your face and the soft grin he had as he placed the food and drink down slowly disappeared. 

"None of this is real." You eventually breathed out.

"What do you mean, of course, this is real." Nathan reassured, "You have some kind of bad dream?"

"Nathan, what did you do?" You questioned. 

"Your food is going to get cold soon, you should eat." Nathan replied, ignoring what you were implying." We'll be home here shortly."

"How did you pull me into this game?" You press. 

Nathan paused for a moment, holding the keys in place yet to turn the car on. A look of panick washed over his face as he thought of a answer. 

"Chole and Max really messed with your head didn't they?" He cooed, "I know you're confused, but it will all make sense with time."

The more you thought about it, the more and more awake you were becoming. The more and more you thought about it, the more and more the reality of it began to hit you. 

"None of this is real, this life that's been inside my head the last several days....none of this is real. You...You made me into this world. You put memories...or tried to put into my head, you knew it wouldn't be believable for me to like you from the start...so you took my emotions of how I felt while playing the game to make choices for memories that seemed believable enough for me to think they were real. Then at some point you would be able to win me over, but you couldn't." You say, the reality of it hitting you like bricks.

"Sweetie, I think you need another dose of medication. It'll help you relax until we get home." Nathan tried to state as calmly as possible. "Then I'll run you a hot bath and rub your feet while we watch your favorite show okay?"

"Chole and I went to see Firewalk for my eighteenth birthday. Do you remember?" You questioned, thinking about Nathan getting you a band t and putting you on his shoulders to see the band play as you guys were in the very back. 

"Yeah, babe. I remember." Nathan laughed, a very pleased smile appearing on his face. "I got you that band t and put you on my shoulders so you could get a better view."

"Hmm." You sighed out, "Firewalk broke up two years before that."

Nathan glanced at you from the side of his eye before holding onto your hand tighter.