Chapter 9: Traning Pt:3 and That Damn Cat

"Talking" - normal
'Thoughts'- italics or ( thoughts in middle of talking ) - italics
'Jutsu' - italics ex) -> ' random jutsu'
"Kyuubi in head / inner Sakura" - italicized and bolded
"Kyuubi in control or Nine tails cloak" - only bolded
*vfx's? Noises? Actions? Idk what to call it* - italicized

[3rd pov]

"....I also wanted to ask a question about it, it's the 'body flicker jutsu'."

The clone of Asuma gained a dumbfounded but curious look, "I mean it's used for traveling short to long-ish distance, (what questions could you possibly have?) but what was your question."

Y/n's clone's head dropped down to the books and scrolls Asuma had given him right as he started to train and study different jutsus to test or try, "Well this jutsu caught my eye, because it seems super useful and a lot of people use it but, my questions are, one, why don't people just use this to travel everywhere all the time, it would definitely save a lot of time, and two it said that Shisui Uchiha was known as the "Teleporter" because he used it in battle, so my second question is why doesn't everyone use it in battle then?"

The clone strokes his beard as he gave his response, "Well first off, although this jutsu doesn't take much chakra for short distances, the longer you travel the more chakra you use, and the longest distance you could travel in one use is about from one end of the village to the other, maybe a bit more, depending on your skill with it, but if you used it constantly" He raised his hand and began counting in his fingers, "One, you could get lost very easily, and run into traps or obstacles in your way and two" He raised his second finger, "The constant use of it will drain your chakra at a relatively fast pace, and you always want to conserve as much chakra as possible, just in case you get into a fight with another shinobi. Battles at higher skill levels, will often be ended very quickly or be drawn out for as long as possible, which is why you need to conserve and use your chakra in the right way, hence why shinobi don't use it to travel, longer distances" The blonde clone simply scrunched his eyebrows

"Okay, but why don't they also use the jutsu to runaway from a losing fight or use it to fight then, y'know?"

Asuma kept his second finger raised, " That goes with your answer to your second question, most shinobi do use it in combat, to run away, start an ambush with taijutsu, or dodge, but the problem lies in speed, it is NOT teleportation, you are still traveling. In the very very extremely rare case you run into a shinobi who can move that fast without the jutsu. Or a shinobi who can also use the jutsu, which will be 99.9% of shinobi and the .01% is Genin, it's simply better to not use it at all, in order to conserve chakra and both fighters know that."

"They don't wanna throw chakra away unnecessarily." A look of realization showed its way to Y/n's clone.

Asuma continued, "Exactly. And if you're not prepared for it or know exactly where you're going, escaping or chasing someone, it's very disorientating, and at high level combat, that's going to be very difficult to put in place. Using it mid battle while not having time to prepare is very dangerous, and a gamble. Using it to attack mid combat is practically impossible, getting a sense of where and how you're going to land while attacking immediately is dangerous. Shisui was able to do it, because he only used it for very short distances in combat, and his sharingan let him analyze where he landed and how to attack instantly."

The student paused for a bit, "Then how did the fourth use his teleportation jutsu then, that's probably way more disorientating."