◇Summer Codename◇

“Heroes always protect the innocent.”  That was the phrase I was raised by. I used to think the statement was true until I learned about Father Darkness.
I live in North Alamo. It is one of the largest cities in Handa, famous for the most power-related crimes. Not the electricity kind of power, the teleportation, levitation, that kind. Almost everyone has some kind of special ability. For instance, my Mom, Beta, is a shifter, meaning that she can turn herself to look like any person or human being, and she has telekinesis. Although she barely uses her powers. My father, Mark, who has the power of a “villain”, is a shapist. The difference between a shifter and a shapist is simple. A shifter can change themselves into multiple people, while a shapist can only turn into one other form. Two at max.
As for me, I have no powers. All I got was a look that was, quite literally, patterned after my parents. Along with my unusual appearance (not unusual because people around the world usually take on a different appearance once they have gotten their power), my parents gave me a name that was the complete opposite of the season I was born in.
“Summer Codename! The girl with light pink hair, white and bronze skin, and has no powers but still looks like she does!” That's usually how people remember me. The saying has been said so much that people have almost forgotten the first part of it. That’s not how I’d like to be remembered though. A powerless, random girl with pink hair and “weird” skin, as most of the kids say at my school. As of now, that’s all I am going to be known as.
“Ya been waitin' here long?” I looked over to the right. A man with no shirt sat on the bus stop bench. Now that I think about it, I had been so deep in thought I forgot I had been waiting on a bus, and to be honest, I didn’t know how long I’d been standing at the bus stop. I simply shake my head.
“Thank goodness! I don’t want to be out in this chilly weather any more than I got to be.” The man said. ‘Maybe you should put on a shirt.’  I thought. I’d never tell someone what I was thinking, simply because I have no powers to protect myself if that person or entity gets offended.
When the bus finally pulled up to a stop, I ran onto the bus and sat in the back. Although the bus was mainly empty, the back was where people were less likely to crowd first. I set my backpack on the seat next to me and looked out the window at the now-empty bus stop. The man with no shirt sat in the seat closest to the door.
After about ten minutes of the bus moving, it stopped and a man dressed in a black suit got on the bus. He looked around the bus as if it were crowded, (which it wasn’t. It was only me and the shirtless man) then walked over to me.
“This spot taken?” The man had a smile on his face and gestured to the seat next to me. I shook my head no and moved my bag, which I had set on the seat, to the floor before me. The man sat down next to me and fixed his suit.
“So how was school?” I noticed his smile and realized he was expecting me to answer him.
“I don’t go to school,” I say, trying to avoid any more conversation with the strange man.
“I sure hope you do. You wouldn’t want all those past years to go to waste would you?” I looked at the man, surprised when he asked me this. He was still smiling as he said it, yet there was seriousness hinted in his eyes.
The bus stopped and opened its doors to let new passengers in. Even though this wasn’t my stop, I grabbed my backpack and ran off the bus. There was a shout behind me and the suited man jumped out of the bus just before it closed its door.
“This isn’t the way home!” The man had begun jogging towards me. I had just enough time to fish my taser out of my bag before he caught up to me. The man grabbed me by the shoulder, I spun around and tased him.