14. Summer session

Seasonal sessions at KNPU included summer and winter terms, and during the 3-week-long summer term before the summer vacation freshmen took driving, computer, and foreign language courses. At the same time, sophomores, juniors, and seniors participated in Police Field Training.

After her "incident" with Hyunjin, Minji took both Chan and Minho's advice and ditched everything except books - she worked her ass off to finish the 16-week-long regular session with flying colors. Her determination and discipline were rewarded with noticeable progress and, by the end of June, all teachers praised her. That gave Minji a great boost of confidence and energy to roll into the summer session courses, acquire a driver's license, and polish her IT and foreign language skills.

And the first on the program was driving...

Minji knocked off the theory but putting the learned stuff into practice was different. She continued to fail while most of the freshmen passed and the annoyance for being left behind was building up, making her grumpy.

She even yelled at poor Misook one night and the shorter girl did nothing wrong, she just so happened to be Minji's anger outlet, being at the wrong time and place.

"Fuck! Why can't I do it?!" Minji grunted, kicking the dirt by the running track.

The first week of her summer session came to an end and it was already Tuesday of week two of her driving program.

It was already past 8 p.m. and the sun was going down but the students were going out. Everyone had a weekday leave today until evening roll call at 11 p.m. yet Minji didn't feel like going out, too hung up on her today's failed attempt to make the car move.

Dressed in sweats, Minji contemplated on the idea to either hit the track and run until all that anger dissipated or hit the taekwondo dummy until her feet go numb and she would drop dead-tired on the soft mats.

She scoffed and shrugged, "Why not both?" Minji said to herself and stepped on the red race track to begin her stretches. She stretched her arms, rolled her neck, and crouched to stretch her legs when a voice calling her full name made her look up.

"Kang Minji!"

Minji stood up and scoffed yet again, this time at the sight of two males dressed casually in t-shirts and jeans, both keeping their hands in the pockets of their pants. They were obviously dressed to go out but she was still surprised by the one who called for her, given the fact how they ended things.

Minji pushed her elbow above her chest to stretch her arm again, coming in front of two men, their mixing scents reaching her nose before she reached them. Sharp and masculine, their colognes matched the way they looked.

"You called?" Minji tilted her head teasingly, a grin appearing on her face.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out, having fun?" Minho asked, keeping his eyes on her just like she didn't look away from his face, despite another pair of eyes and masculine energy burning her face.

"I don't feel like it," Minji shrugged, pursing her lips. "I'd rather spend this warm summer night training."

"You failed your driving lesson."

His deep voice made her flinch and a frown appeared fast on Minji's face, her sharp glare directed at Bang Chan. 

Lee Minho silenced, watching their stare off amusingly and suppressing a laugh. But Minji pulled out first, crossing her arms under her breasts and looking away from the older male.

"So what if a car turns off as soon as I start it? That's none of your business." She huffed, pouting her lips. Minho waited to see if she'd stomp her foot to complete her "grumpy toddler" image but she didn't.