14 - 𝘋𝘰𝘨𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘬𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴

This chapter contains an eating disorder!!
Please reach out if you're struggling with this.

❁❁❁❁

I woke up to the sound of his steady heartbeat beneath my ear, his arms wrapped around me.
The first rays of dawn filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle light across the room. For a moment, I stayed still, afraid that if I moved, everything would disappear.

I sat up on my bed, trying not to wake him up. I couldn't help but smile, which quickly faded after remembering what had happened last night.

"You should smile a little often." I heard his raspy voice.

"Did someone else.. heard me last night?"

"I don't know." He sat up and shrugged. "But it was pretty bad. You couldn't stop shaking, Mila."

Yeah no shit.

"Well I'm fine now." I stood up, immediately feeling dizzy.

"I don't think you are." I couldn't see him as I was facing my closet, but I could tell he was looking at me, as if he would know how I was doing by staring at my back.

Well, he would.
If the shirt wasn't covering my back.

"I think I know myself better"
My vision wasn't clearing up for some reason, so I stood on spot for a little longer.

"Sit down before you pass out Mila." His voice got sterner now.

I sat back down, rubbing my eyes as if it would help to shake the dizziness I was feeling.

"When was the last time you ate?" Fear washed over me.

"This has nothing to do with eating. I do eat!"

"Oh I don't think you do." He scoffed, getting out of bed. "And those scars on your face? Don't think that I believed that bullshit you told me yesterday."

As my vision finally cleared up, I got up too.

"I need to change, so if you don't mind.."

He turned around.

"I was gonna say to get out but fine. I guess that works too." I quickly got dressed, not taking an eye off of him.

I knew he wouldn't look, but in case he did, him seeing me without clothes wasn't what I was afraid of.
It was the scars I didn't want him to see.

"You done?"

"Yup." He turned around.

"Sit back down now."

"Oh come on! It wasn't even that serious!"

"So you're okay with Newt knowing about all this then?"

"No. Of course not." I sighed.

"Okay then, talk. What happened?"

"I've been having.. nightmares." I was about to make up a biggest lie and I hated myself for that.

"Continue."