Chapter nineteen: the morning after

I wake up at Jacks in the guest room as I remember what happened my throat tightens the memory seems blurry towards the end but I remember him calling me his girl I feel giddy in my stomach I also remember he never said "she's not my girlfriend" I feel my spirits heighten. Someone knocks on the door "can I come in" Jack says he pushes open the door he is wearing a pair of slim fit jeans and a white shirt which is open revealing his visible six pack I can't keep my eyes off his chest "what have I not done my zip up" he jokes I roll my eyes he knows that I'm staring at his chest. He flashes me a smile which I return "well Elsa you better get ready because Calvin rang late last night he wants us at his studio in an hour" I groan but still I get out of the bed and go to the en suite Jack leaves as I do so. After I have showered I change into a loose silk emerald green dress with nude pumps as I do my hair and makeup Jack enters the room again with his shirt buttoned up he hands me a plate with two slices of toast on I nibble at them as I finish gripping my hair "Elsa, are you done" he asks I nod and walk out to the drive with him leading Jack opens his cars passenger door for me I thank him as I get in. He drives straight to the studio Calvin is sipping a glass as we arrive "Roy and Gaye have backed off after the fashion show" he holds out two glasses of see through liquid I take one and Jack takes the other glass after a sip of it I realise that it is vodka "it is only the finest in the country" Calvin explains,I nod but put my glass down I'm trying to cut down on what I drink. Jack drains his glass and Calvins secretary takes the glasses away "I plan to not do a underwear shoot but instead you'll both be in jeans with Calvin Klein waistbands showing from underneath the jeans so Elsa you'll have to wear a crop top and Jack you don't need a t shirt " Calvin claps and we are whisked off to get ready a wardrobe assistant gives me skinny jeans and a matching bralette and pants both with Calvin Klein written on I have my hair straightened and my makeup done more professionally after I'm ready I go back into the main studio Jack is conversing with Calvin until I walk back in "not bad Elsa" Calvin comments Jack smiles that smile where I could just kiss him right now right here "beautiful " he whispers just loud enough for me to hear I smile back I could stare at him all day but Calvin suddenly claps his hands "chop chop" he ushers us to a platform where a photographer stands awkwardly watching we pose and smile until our bodies ache the photographer snaps one last photo and he says "that is a wrap for today" he packs up his equipment as I go to change back into my dress but Calvin says "keep the clothes,also here call it a present" he hands me some Calvin Klein designer hi tops and a jumper I bag the dress and pumps and put on the jumper and trainers I see Jack waiting for me we both widen our eyes at what we are wearing Calvin has been sneaky and given us the exact same jumper to wear but Jack's jumper is a men's one and mine is a ladies. "Snap" he exclaims I laugh as Calvin waves to us and we wave back then we leave "do you want to come to mine to watch a movie" I ask "Sure what film shall we watch" he replies"I don't know what do you think" I answer "How about a horror movie" Jack grins,"I'll have my eyes shut the whole time" I moan "You can hold on to my hand if your that scared" he says I look into his eyes "Okay then" I reply feeling a bit more confident he taps my nose "it's a date....I mean not an actual date just you know as friends" he gabbles two coloured blotches have appeared on his cheeks I nod wordlessly "drive back to yours and we can get my car and I'll drive"he nods we walk straight to Jack's Porches as I get in I hear my phone beep it's Anna she has texted me 'have you and Jack got off yet. I ship Jelsa hard" I smile at my phone screen and reply 'no we haven't got off yet' Jack suddenly says "I've bagged myself a date tonight" I feel as if a knife has been plunged into my stomach,my blood runs cold and my heart stops for a second "that's nice" I reply my voice is quivering,nice is the last word I would use to describe this situation but I'll have to pretend to not care for his sake. "I'm taking her to the expensive restaurant in town" he tells me I nod wordlessly I can't stand him even talking about going on a date with someone else so I say "Jack I feel sick so I'll just get my car and go home" he looks worried "you can stay at mine for a bit or I can come over to yours with you if you want" I shake my head "I'll just go home" I reply he stops the car I get out and get back in my own car "goodbye Jack" I say and I know I've lost him.