Devil's advocate

Genre: Mafia AU

After being ripped from your picture perfect life of modeling, you're thrown into an unexpected world where you can't help, but feel sympathy for the devil.

Trigger warning: Implied stockholm syndrome, violence, sedation, murder, and mentions of alcohol.

꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎ ꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎ ꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎

You didn't belong here and you certainly didn't belong with this crowd. You didn't fit in with the worst of the worst. Men who pulled the trigger without a second thought. Women who seduced men with kisses one moment and slit their throats the next.

Mingling with serpents in the garden of Eden wasn't your ideal pastime. Then again, it's not like you had much of a choice anyway. Glued to Felix's side with your hand clenched tightly in his, once again, not by your choice.

Your vocal chords were practically shredded from all the screaming you did. From Lee Felix's private doctor, you were on vocal rest for vocal recovery. To Lee Felix, this was a glorious change of plans on his end.

As he tugged you through the swarm of bodies, he introduced you with his usual cold demeanor. Your name and then, to your horror, the announcement that the two of you were married.

Amusement sat on the faces of some and curious eyes swept along you for others. You were a shiny new pearl for them and it didn't help that the color scheme was black. The color scheme was pitch black; the color of the dead of night, the color of the rotten souls in the room, and yet Felix had dressed you in light pink.

It was soft and lively, he had explained to you before the two of you showed up. You held your breath as he fixed the collar of your outfit. The color of soft pedals, the rosy cheeks of babies, and a color that he could easily find you in. Even if you tried to escape, there was nowhere for you to go due to sticking out like a peacock.

You hated the gala and you hated him. You hated the pristineness and shine of everything. From the decorative and nearly overflowing punch pool to the crystal tear-drop chandeliers hanging above your head.

You had been kidnapped and thrown into a world you didn't belong in. You used to enjoy being a well-known model. The camera was your best friend. Everything had been perfect in your world until you woke up to the cold eyes of a stranger.

"Don't worry, it won't hurt for long."

You'd never forget the chill creeping along your spine. That brief moment of silence where your fate hung in the balance. You were sure you were dreaming until your breath was cut off. You shrieked, you screamed, you kicked, and you fought hard, but the sedative was stronger than your sleep-laced muscles.

When you woke up, the nightmare truly began. The announcement that you were going to be married to a powerful mafia leader and there was nothing you could do about it. You fought like hell, but the indomitable human spirit couldn't last forever.

It was all a blur. The sedation. The talks from people reassuring you that this would be a good thing. People would praise you and you'd be protected. You'd live a good life full of luxury and happiness.

Felix watched every incident you had with that idiotic cold gaze. You refused to believe it. You screamed, you wept, you begged. You went on and on about how much of a terrible person you were. The lies you told, the horrors you committed, but your sins were merely papercuts. Minor, small, and forgettable.

Your white lies weren't comparable to murder. Your beauty was something you couldn't escape. Everything you practically broke your back to achieve was now biting you in the ass; the life that you once adored had betrayed you.