Twenty Seven

Contempt 

"Hello boys, long time no see." Julian grinned, walking into Yong's living like she owned the place. Her bright red lips highlighted her pearly white teeth as she went around, kissing all of the boys on the cheek, leaving behind her mark. They boys looked amongst each in surpise and uncertainty, unsure of what to make of  her presence. They never interacted with their boss directly, in fact Julian was hardly a boss to them, Yong was the only superior they knew and  moments like this only reminded that there was indeed someone above Yong. A fact that was particularily important to Jian. 

"We weren't expecting you." Sebastian answered. Julian eyes moved towards him in a snake-like movement. 

"I'm your boss, you should always expect me." She said with a voice soft but nonetheless filled with authority. 

"Of course." Jian said, quickly getting up and bowing out of respect. The rest of the boys didn't budge, discreetingly rolling their eyes at his moronic behaviour. 

Suddenly the door was opened and slammed shut, a furious Yong walked into the room. His eyes were filled with a rage that could and will kill, fingers itching for the gun in his holsters. 

"Mason, how nice of you to finally join us." Julian smiled darkly as she turned around to meet his raging eyes. 

"What the fuck is your problem?" He spat, his hand was raised and the boys reached towards them, scared that Yong was about to do something he would regret. Fortunately he stopped midway. Closing his raised hand into a fist. Now, it might be fickle to say Yong was above hitting a women, especially one as trifling and sinister as Julian. But in that moment, as much as he wanted to hurt her they way he knew that she had hurt Ezra; he realised the hypocrisy of his actions and pointless mess it would cause. Julian looked between Yong and his arm as he lowered it, her sickly smile dropping into an irritated look. 

"Where you about to hit me? Over that filthy thing?" She scoffed, before turning away from him. "Sit." She demanded and one of her men pushed him towards his friends, where he reluctantly sat next Noah. 

"What is going? Why is she here?" Noah whispered for answers but all he got in return was ragged breathing and silence. 

"Baek-ung's pissed me off again." Julian started, grabbing her phone to type something as she spoke. "I need you guys to remind him of my superiority." She explained nonchalantely, as if she wasn't asking them to go out and murder people. 

"B-baek-ung?" Tatum questioned with wide eyes, Hendrix gave him a discreet tap on the leg to shut up. 

"Why?"Julian pouted mockingly. "Does that scare you? 

"No, I was just ask-" The slap came out of nowhere, Tatum looked at her in shock and disbelief. The boys' obedience and silence quickly turned  into simmering disdain as they looked between their friend and Julian 

"That was to remind you that you don't get paid to ask questions." She spat and Tatum quickly nodded in obedience. 

"Yes, I'm sorry." 

"Don't apologise." Yong seethed, getting up and heading towards the door. 

"You've said your piece, we've heard you. Now I'll have to ask you kindly to leave." He said calmly, pointing towards the open door. Julian rolled her eyes as she put on her sunglasses, she was getting tired of this anyway. "Julian," Yong put his hand out, stopping her in her gait as he glared down at her. "The next time you as much as lay a finger on any of my men or anyone in my household, you'll have to kill me because if you don't, I'll make sure you wish you had."

"So dramatic." She dismissed with an eye-roll before walking away, heels clicking down the hallway. 

***

Ezra must have been sitting there for hours, nothing but silence and the discomfort of what had just happeneded to keep her company. Between what was essentially an assault and Yong's strange confession, her mind was a haze of confusion. Unsure of what was real or fake anymore. This, whatever it was, couldn't be happening to her. 

It felt like a fever dream, like the many ones she had in her darkest moments, when all she had were drugs and the memories of her missing lover. Without thought, she found herself crawling over to the bathroom, reaching into the counter to grab a handful of advil pills. It hurt. The loneliness, the desperatation and despair, the sheer hopelessness that she had felt back then, it was coming back and it hurt so much. It was coming back and eating her up from inside, she needed relief. She cried, leaning over the counter as her hand gripped the pills desparately and her tears dripped into the sink. She shook her head quickly, she couldn't. She threw the pills aside, the small objects clattering around the room as she ran a frantic hand through her hair. She didn't need relief, she needed answers. Who was that woman? And why was Yong suddenly so protective over her? She would get her answers today or die trying. 

She rushed out of the room and down the hallway when suddenly she felt someone grab her wrist and pull her back. She hit the person's chest with a thud and she looked up to see Jude's face. 

"Where are you running off to so desperately? What trouble do you want to cause now?" He asked, cocking his head to the side while he still held on to her wrist. She couldn't tell if this came from a place of   concern or weariness for the inconvenience she could cause him. 

"Let go, Jude". She responded sternly, trying to free herself from his grasp but he wouldn't budge. A frown formed on his face as he took in the state she was in. 

"Is that," His frown deepened, "Is that Yong's shirt?"

Ezra sighed, taking advantage of his distraction to free herself. "I said I don't have time for this!" She pried his hands off of her wrist before running towards the garden, where fortunately Noah was smoking a cigarrette. A perplexed expression filled his face as Ezra ran towards him, all but falling into his arms before saying; "Tell me everything about Julian and Yong's relationship."  

And with a large sigh, a quick look back at the house and another puff from his cigarette. Noah told her everything. 

A/N: short but new chapter ;) vote and comment if anyone is even reading this book