Interviews!

D1 male: Cash Pardi

I know the fan is on but I am still sweating under the pressure. I want to impress the gamemakers and sponsors, as well as all of Panem. I know I have it in me to do well in my interview. I just have to stay calm and be myself, I think in my head.

They're calling my name.

I slowly rise from the chair I've been waiting in, and walk onto the stage. Bright lights blind me. I try not to shut my eyes as I take a seat next to Diamond Shine. She taps her grotesquely long painted fingernails in excitement, observing my sequined tuxedo. Its glassy texture matches her dazzling outfit.

Diamond: Welcome, Cash! I'm so excited to finally meet you in person. And my, how handsome you look!

Me: Thank You. It's a pleasure to meet you as well.

Diamond: So, do tell me, how are you liking the Capital so far? Does it suit you?

Me: Oh yes, it certainly does. The beauty of the capital is far beyond anything I could ever imagine.

Diamond: Why thank you! I'm sure President Snow enjoys the flattery.

Now Cash, you look like a strong competitor, as a career and as a very fit young man. Can you tell us a little about your strategy for the games?

Me: Well, I can say that I am not here to be a tribute. I am here to be a victor. I'm not going to play easy. This is my games, and I'm ready. I will do whatever it takes to win.

Diamond: Oooh, I see some of your inner career showing through. Fascinating! I admire your positive bravery. But where is that bravery coming from? Tell us about your family.

Me: I would say I get my bravery from my older brothers, Rich and Finery. Rich is a past victor, and Finery is very successful as well. They've shown me how to proudly represent my district. My parents are also great role models. My father has always taught me how to be strong and logical. My mother has taught me how to become a goal-oriented person. I guess you could say I'm lucky, for having such a loving, supportive family. Diamond: Wow. That just touched my heart! For such a sweet young man as you, there must be some girl waiting for you back home. Is there a special someone for you, Cash?

Me: (laughs) Oh Diamond, there are too many lovely women out there for me to decide on one just yet. I hope that when I return I'll be able to meet the girl of my dreams. But for now I am content by just admiring the beautiful women of district one.

Diamond: Well, I'm sure whoever you end up with will be a very lucky girl. So, you seem very proud of your district, which is a great quality in a tribute. Is there anything specific about district one that makes you love your living there?

Me: Of course! District one can only be thought of as the most prestigious district. There is so much to do there, and so many things to see! I must say, however, that my favorite thing about district one is the people. Everyone is very hardworking and friendly. I have so many friends at our career academy, because everyone is so nice! We're all like one big family. But we do, of course, have that competitive edge in us. We know that the games have always been ours. We at the academy want nothing more than to honor our district. And now I am blessed to have that opportunity.

Diamond: I'm afraid to say your time is almost up. One last question though. Who do you want to win for? Who is it you are driven to come home to?

Me: I would say my father. I would owe my victory to him, because he has taught me so much, and done so much for me. I don't know what I would do without him.

Diamond: Okay! That wraps up this interview. Cash Paradi, everyone!

*the crowd claps and cheers*