PART 16 :

Hazel had bid farewell and left, and Mrs. Maliha was also busy with her work, so only Hamdan and Alaya were in the lounge. Hamdan cleared his throat to get Alaya's attention and asked , his voice filled with concern, "Alaya, are you okay? I mean, I heard you fainted and the doctor said it's due to stress." He gazed at her with worry, and Alaya was taken aback, never expecting Hamdan to ask her something like that .

Alaya was unsure how to respond, still wondering how Miral had trapped such an innocent person like Hamdan in her web. She felt sorry for Hamdan, lost in thought, when he spoke again, " I'm like your cousin, more like an older brother. Share your worries with me if you're stressed." As soon as he said this, Alaya closed her eyes tightly and looked at him, "Thanks a lot for thinking of me, that means a lot. I'm fine . I just wanted to say something to you, if you're not busy..." She said the last part with a bit of fear.

Hamdan nodded, gesturing for her to continue, his eyes filled with concern and encouragement. Alaya took a deep breath and began, " I wanted to say that...I've been noticing some strange things lately. Miraal's behavior has been really suspicious, and I think she's hiding something." Hamdan's expression turned serious, and he leaned in a little closer , not too much " What kind of strange things ? " he asked didn't understanding a little thing about what she is trying to say .

She realized she had blurted out her thoughts too quickly, so she immediately said, " Nothing, I was just saying that Miraal isn't good for you, you'll make a wise decision about your future, think carefully." She had finally spoken her mind, but Hamdan's expression turned very stern, and he said in a very soft and firm tone, "What's wrong with you, Alaya ? What kind of talks are you having ? You're speaking ill of your own friend, Miraal, who cares for you; what's gotten into you ? "

Hamdan's words pierced Alaya's heart like a dagger, and she felt an overwhelming urge to kill Miraal, but she restrained herself, casting a sideways glance without even looking at Hamdan. " I just want to say that you should think carefully about Miraal and your relationship, because I don't want my cousin's life to be ruined because of some girl," Alaya said, her voice laced with emotion. Hamdan was taken aback by her words, unable to fathom what had suddenly gotten into Alaya, who was speaking ill of her best friend. He felt a surge of anger, but controlled his emotions, saying, " Alaya, your mind is clouded, take a rest, forget all this, and take care of yourself, I'm leaving." With that, he turned and walked away, leaving Alaya standing there, feeling a mix of emotions and a hint of anger.

( At Night )
At that time, Alaya was sitting on the swing, holding a faluda ( a cold dessert) in one hand and a novel in the other. It was her habit to go to the terrace at night, gaze at the star-filled sky, admire the moon, and get lost in the beauty of the scene . She was so engrossed in her thoughts that the novel in her hand slipped out of her grasp and fell to the ground without her even realizing it .

( ALAYA'S POV : " Has Allah destined love for me, or am I meant to spend my life like this ? Allah , you saw how harshly Hamdan spoke to me just because of Miraal . His stern voice hurt me more than anything ever has. I only want the best for him; I don't want his life to be ruined. Even if I don't end up with him, I still want him to be happy. I don't want him in my life anymore , but it's hard for me to see him struggling, especially since he's my cousin . Allah , please remove the remaining feelings I have for Hamdan from my heart and grant me peace * Ameen * )

( Two days later )
Today is Laraib and Sarim's reception, and everyone looks very happy. Alaya's health had also improved significantly. But after the last conversation with Hamdan, she had become quiet, not speaking to Miraal at all, and barely speaking at home too. Everyone didn't take her silence too seriously, thinking it was due to her health issues, and so everything seemed noraml . Everyone was busy with their preparations, some were already ready, and others were still in the process of getting ready.

If you were to peek into Alaya's room, you would see her standing in front of the mirror, looking at herself. She was dressed in a beautiful black gown with light makeup but she is still looking simple, and the happiness she had earlier shown for her sister's wedding had vanished, replaced by a sorrowful and melancholic expression .

( AUTHOR'S POV : " When someone you trust betrays you, no matter how many skies you may try to repair, the pain and wounds can never be fully healed or forgotten. The hurt and scars always remain. And this was a fresh betrayal in Alaya's life , it will take time for her to heal from it . " )

She was tying her scarf when she heard Mrs. Maliha's voice, " Alaya, hurry up, everyone is ready, you're the only one left, and you're still struggling with your hijab, come quickly ! " Upon hearing this, she quickly finished tying her scarf and, after a final glance at herself, put on a faint smile and came out .

Everyone went out and sat in the cars, some peoples have left for the venue only Alaya, Ayan, and Inaya were left, and there were two cars - one was Mr. Burhan's car, which had only one seat available, and the other was Hamdan's car, which had plenty of space . Alaya immediately headed towards her father's car and started getting in, when she heard Hazel's voice .

"Alaya, aren't you coming with us ? " Hazel asked with a hint of sadness, while Hamdan was also looking at her. He had noticed that after their last meeting, she had become very quiet, perhaps even ignoring him, and now she wasn't even coming to his house . He remembered that he had been quite rude to Alaya that day, and thought that maybe she was upset because of that. So, he thought to apologize for his rude behavior, maybe that will improve her mood !

But Alaya's next words, spoken in a very stern tone, brought Hamdan back to reality with a shock : " I'M NOT GOING IN THAT CAR, I WANT TO GO WITH MY DAD . "

___________________________________

Do Vote 👍🏻 .
Do Share ❣️
Do Comment 👀 .

Your New Author ,
    CAVERIA 🦋 .