Chapter Twelve-Royal Summons

Lady Isabella's eyes narrowed, her voice dripping with malice. "You'll have plenty of time to worry about your friend later, Helena. For now, let's focus on getting you settled in."

She led me to a small chamber adjacent to the main room, filled with luxurious fabrics and fine furnishings. A large bed dominated the space, adorned with velvet curtains and plush pillows.

"This will be your quarters for the duration of your stay," Lady Isabella said, her tone dripping with condescension. "You'll have everything you need right here."

I nodded, trying to hide my unease. Something didn't feel right. Where was Tiffany? And what did the king have planned for us?

As Lady Isabella turned to leave, I called out to her. "Wait! What about Tiffany? Can I at least know if she's safe?"

Lady Isabella's expression turned cold, her eyes glinting with malice. "You'll find out soon enough, Helena. But for now, let's just say that Tiffany is... otherwise engaged."

With that, she swept out of the room, leaving me alone and anxious. I paced the chamber, my mind racing with thoughts of Tiffany and the king's sinister plans. What did he want from us? And what would happen in two days' time, when I came of age?

I spent the rest of the day in a haze of worry and uncertainty, my mind racing with thoughts of Tiffany and the king's plans. I had tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge,they had locked me in, i was trapped. Suddenly I began to wonder why they had gone through all the trouble to prep me if I was just going to end up locked in a room.  As the sun began to set, a soft knock at the door broke the silence. I hesitated for a moment, wondering who it could be. 

"Hello?" I called out, my voice shaking slightly.

"It's Emily," a voice replied from the other side of the door. "Let me in, Helena. We need to talk."

I tried the door again, but it was locked. Panic set in. Why was I being kept prisoner?

"Emily, the door won't open," I said, trying to keep my voice calm.

There was a pause, and then Emily's voice came again. "Hold on, Helena. I'll find another way in."

I waited anxiously, my mind racing with thoughts of Tiffany and the king's plans. What did he want from us? And why was I being kept prisoner?

Finally, I heard a faint noise, and then the door creaked open. Emily slipped inside, her eyes filled with concern.

"Helena, I'm so glad I found you," she said, her voice low and urgent. "We've been searching everywhere for you. We need to talk."

I nodded, my heart racing with fear and anticipation. 

"We think she's in danger, Helena," Emily said, her eyes filled with worry. "The king's men took her away yesterday, and we haven't seen her since. We need to find her before it's too late."

I felt a surge of determination and fear. I had to find Tiffany, no matter what it took. "We have to get out of here," I said, looking around the room frantically. "We have to find a way out of the palace."

Emily nodded. "I've been thinking about that. I think I know a way out. But we have to be careful. The king's men are everywhere."

I nodded, my heart racing with excitement and fear. "Let's do it," I said. "Let's find Tiffany and get out of here."

Emily smiled, a determined look on her face. "Let's go."

We crept out of the room, our hearts pounding with excitement and fear. We knew it wouldn't be easy, but we were determined to find Tiffany and escape the palace.