15 - 𝘈 𝘫𝘰𝘣

I was lying on my bed, feeling frustrated after everything that had happened.

I did find a job.
part-time, but that worked too, since I still had to work in theater.

Although now hiding things would be harder.

I still kept my mouth shut with Minho.
It was hard to do so, but I had to.

I can't keep living this facade, pretending like everything's fine when it's not.
It's suffocating, this constant pressure to hide the truth from the people I love.

I want to scream, shout out the truth, and rid myself of this burden, but I'm paralyzed by fear. Fear of losing everyone I love, one by one.

I can't keep living like this.
But I'm not ready for the shame I'll feel when eventually I won't be able to hide it anymore.

I don't even know how I managed to keep everything hidden for such a long time.
It's not like he forbade me from telling anyone about this.

Although he did tell me no one would believe me And I do think that he's right about that one.

❁❁❁❁

I woke up before my alarm went off, but that's not the weird part.

The thing that confused me was that I somehow fell asleep without pills.

I quickly got ready and checked my phone in fear that I would have his message, but let out a relieved sigh when I saw nothing but Minho yapping about how he would be better than Gally for my play.

I smiled and replied with a thumbs-up emoji.

"Good morning." Dad smiled at me after I went downstairs.

"Morning." I managed a poor smile.

No one talked during breakfast.

It's ironic how the whole point of having breakfast and dinner together was to catch up with each other, yet the only thing we shared was glances.

"Did you find the job?" Newt broke the silence.

"Yeah." I nodded. "It's nice, you should visit sometime."

"Why didn't you say if you were searching for a job? I could've helped you." Dad interfered.

"I don't need help. I found it by myself."

"You did, but I bet I would manage to find you a job that pays well."

"I don't care about the salary. Even if it's three hundred bucks a month, it's enough for me." I clenched my jaw.

"I just want to help."

"Too late, don't you think?!" I slightly raised my voice.

"Don't talk to your father like that young lady!"

"Young lady?" I scoffed. "what are you, Mary Cooper wannabe?"

(A/N: pls tell me you get it)

"What does that even mean?"