Ch. 1

You woke up to the sound of your alarm for work, it's been 3 months since you've started at this cafe in another city. Cars were too expensive and riding on a bike gets tiring so trains were the best option, it's nice paying a small fee just to go to work and not worry about gas or possibly getting kidnapped. Not that you're worried about the worst thing happening to you, but anything would be better than this boring life. Your quirk is plasma, not the blood kind. It's almost like lightning but more so of the electricity aspect. It's too flashy and you hardly use it, you hated this quirk and wished you got something more useful. Your parents begged you to join U.A but you didn't care for the hero fame. Instead you graduated high school and work for corporations. Sometimes you wished you became a hero just so you didn't have to work these exhausting shifts. Your parents frowned upon your decision in life but you didn't mind. Now that you're thinking about your parents you realized you haven't spoken to them in a year. They haven't called so why should you?

You got ready for work as usual, brown slacks with a cute light tan collared shirt that gets tucked in with a black belt to keep everything in place. You brushed your teeth and hair, braiding your H/C hair in twin braids. You put on your black work shoes and made sure you got everything you needed to bring to work in your bag. "Damnit I forgot to update my games", you thought to yourself as you quickly made your way back into your room to make sure you had all your games in queue to update so once you're home you can enjoy the weekend playing nonstop. You loved playing video games, it's like an escape from reality. You liked playing on Roblox mostly, there's all sorts of cool games you enjoyed playing on and sometimes you enjoyed playing Fortnite since it's a decent shooter game. You have some online friends but they don't invite you or join any of your games often which you didn't mind you rather play by yourself.

You made your way into the kitchen and made a pb&j. You grabbed your house keys and sandwich and locked your apartment door and made your way down the stairs that leads you into the street below and made your way to the train station to start your 9-5 shift at the cafe. 

Once you've arrived at the cafe you walk in and go into the backroom to grab your apron out of your locker and put your bag inside the locker

Once you've arrived at the cafe you walk in and go into the backroom to grab your apron out of your locker and put your bag inside the locker. "Good morning Y/N!", your cheery co-worker Emi said, you liked Emi. She was too sweet and overly nice to everyone, you smiled at her and told her good morning as well. You got the coffee machines cleaned and ready to brew, tables wiped clean ready to be seated. You went ahead and made yourself something to drink to spark some energy for the day.

"Y/N, what are you gonna do this weekend?" Emi said as she rests her elbows on the counter looking at you with her face cradled in her hands. "Um, just playing some games, the usual." You said as you continued to wipe all the utensils to keep yourself busy. "You can't just play video games all weekend, you gotta at least get out once in a while! You should come with-"
"It's fine", you said cutting her off. "Sorry, I just like being by myself, plus I got friends I play with anyways Emi. We're gonna play together all weekend so I promised them I would." You smiled at her, feeling bad for cutting her off. "It's okay Y/N, I understand, I'm happy you got friends to at least spend time with that's all I care about." Emi said to you. Customers started coming in so you both worked in sync getting the customers in and out. You enjoyed making coffee, the smell and just the look of it is fun to you. Before you knew it, it was already 4:30pm. You cleaned the cafe up and got it ready for the next time the cafe opens after the weekend. Emi opens in the morning so she leaves a couple of hours early then you do. Once everything was cleaned and stocked you grabbed your bag and clocked out at 5 and headed back home on the train. All you can think about is finally grinding on your games, excited to finally be home.