Chapter three

The TV broadcasts

"Warning to all civilians that wish to live, evacuate the city and surrounding area immediantly, this is not a drill. All civilians that wish to live, evacuate this city and area immediantly, this is a government experiment and that if you wish not to take place in it, evacuate immedianly."

Chaos erupts as people and children scramble, duck under chairs, hide, scream and trample each other, trying to figure out the situation.

"EVERYONE THATS ENOUGH!" My raged boss shouts.

Heads are turned and mouths hang wide open.

"This is just a prank by somebody, and if I find out that anyone in this building was the ringleader behind this scheme, I will personally hunt you down!"  His face is a glowing red, his voice full of rage and his fists tittened into knots.

Silence.

Not a single word is spoken and as if someone said "continue" the chattering, door slamming and laughter resumed.

"Psst.. was that you? I think that prank was taken wayy too far." My coworker, Bruce whispered, his voice was full of concern.

"No, was that you?"

"No, Emma, its not funny, you know we aren't allowed to make the customers feel worried!"

"Then who was it?"

No answer was returned.

I start to feel a tiny bit worried but at the same time its April fools! Something like this happened in the newspapers too!

There was once a newspaper that had "alien sighting" on the front page when it was just an April fools prank.

And so I returned to working my butt off.