Chapter five

Emma
---------------------------------------------------------

Time passes quick, and like a flash it was 5:31 pm, ten minutes before I get off work.

I huffed in irritation as I lifted up my soar arms, tired from cleaning, serving, dish-washing and sweeping.

I headed to the bathroom and swore I heard a scratching sound. Anyways as I was putting on my shirt humming the song "nasty" I heard a shrill scream.

Either poor customer probably spilled her fresh latte all over her brand new white jeans or was having a panic attack.

"EMMA GET YOUR BUTT OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!"

I sighed, knowing it was probably the first one.

I knew what was coming so I walked out the bathroom door to prepare for the cleaning.

Weirdly, the crowd was running around screaming and in hysterics. People were trying to escape, to dash, to climb, anywhere but next to the glass door....

My heartbeat started to beat fast

There was a man eating some sort of towel?

There was a pile of oddly shaped red and tan towels, so I picked one up of course

Wait.

Thats not a towel

Infront of me instead of the supposed "towels" were a pile of...
Red sticky substance...
Flesh. I was holding flesh.

I looked down and saw a ball..

Only it was my boss...

The cranky boss i had.

Dead.

But moving?

He was not the best person..

But I knew him.

I could feel tears form a little..

And glared at the man who was just standing there.

The man looked extremely pissed at me.

He roared and jumped straight towards my head!

He began to claw at my arm,
Ripping flesh along the way!

I screamed in agony and kicked him in the stomach, I ripped a gash in his stomach but... he didn't even flinch, not even a muscle reacted, with my arm in so much pain I began to lose the fight!

The man clawed at my face, attempting to bite it!

"EEEK WHAT IN TARNATION IS THIS?!"

I braced for the attack, but only found.. liquid on my hands?

Bruce.

Bloody hands with a broom in them.

"EMMA, GET OUT!" Bruce was pushed agianst the wall, the man clawing at Bruce's face.

I had a bit of hesitation, seeing Bruce in such a state, with a word above him ear and a finger ripped off, but then I decided it was for my brothers.

Adrenaline rushed through my muscles, I ran as fast as I could, not even taking a breath, I could see the man clawing at Bruce, Bruce was losing the fight.

And so I ran even faster, my heart racing.