Chapter 6

You awoke with a sense of clarity. The reality of your arranged marriage with Zenin Naoya loomed large, but instead of feeling trapped, you decided to be optimistic. Maybe, just maybe, you could change Naoya for the better once you were married. The thought of falling in love and creating a happy life together gave you a glimmer of hope.

Today was the first day of the Kyoto Sister-School Goodwill Event, where students from Tokyo Jujutsu High and Kyoto Jujutsu High would compete. You knew Naoya would be there and determined to avoid him as much as possible to enjoy the event.

The atmosphere at the event was a mix of excitement and nervousness as the students prepared for the team battles. Even though you were happy to make new friends from Kyoto Jujutsu High, you knew that everyone would give their best to win. Winning this event meant that your school would get bragging rights. You stuck close to your Tokyo classmates, trying to stay out of Naoya's line of sight. Thankfully, Naoya seemed disinterested in engaging you, aware of your capabilities and preferring not to risk a public defeat.

The team battles were intense, with each school showcasing their skills and strategies. You fought fiercely alongside your friends, your teamwork flawless. The first day ended with Tokyo narrowly edging out Kyoto in the final match. Spirits were high as you celebrated your victory, but your mind was already on the next day's individual combat.

The second day dawned bright and clear. The individual battles were set to define the true strength of each participant. You watched from the sidelines as Naoya faced off against Nanami. The fight was brutal, with both combatants pushing their limits. Despite Nanami's best efforts and his impressive use of the Ratio Technique, Naoya emerged as the winner.

As Nanami walked off the battlefield, blood trickled from a cut on his lip. You hurried to his side, concern etched on your face. "You did a great job, Ken," you said softly, reaching up to wipe away the blood. Nanami's eyes softened, and he gave you a small, appreciative nod.

From a distance, Naoya watched, his expression darkening with jealousy. He hated himself for feeling this way, but there was no denying that your beauty captivated him. Everything about you, from your gorgeous hair to your plump lips to your flawless skin, made his pulse quicken.

Your match came next. You fought with determination and grace, your techniques precise and powerful. To your surprise, victory was on your side, earning the respect and admiration of your peers. Exhausted but triumphant, you sat down beside Suguru on the sidelines.

"Need some help with that?" Suguru offered, gesturing to your messy hair.

You smiled and nodded, grateful for his assistance. As Suguru carefully retied your hair, Satoru walked by with a mischievous grin on his face as if sensing Naoya's jealousy. "You two make such a sweet couple," he teased, earning a playful glare from Suguru.

"Shut up, Satoru," you muttered, though you couldn't help but smile.

The event concluded with Tokyo Jujutsu High declaring the overall winners. Cheers erupted as the students celebrated their hard-earned victory. During the prize-giving ceremony, your heart swelled with pride for your school and your friends.

Afterwards, Naoya approached you, his expression stormy. "We need to talk," he demanded, his voice low and tense.

You followed him to a quiet corner, curious about what he had to say. As soon as you were alone, Naoya's anger erupted. "What were you doing, being so touchy with Nanami? And then letting Suguru fix your hair? You know you're supposed to be mine!"

His possessiveness ignited something in you. For a brief moment, you found him attractive. But you quickly pushed the thought away, "Naoya, as long as we're not married, I'm free to do what I want. You don't get to control me."

Naoya's jaw clenched, his eyes blazing with frustration. He was infuriated by your defiance yet couldn't deny the pull he felt towards you. Your strength and independence only made you more irresistible to him.

"You don't understand," he hissed, stepping closer. "I hate seeing you with other guys. You're mine, Y/N."

Your heart pounded, a mix of fear and excitement coursing through you. His words and the intensity of his gaze were unsettling, yet something about his possessiveness stirred emotions you hadn't expected. You lifted your head, meeting his gaze.

"And what if I don't want to be yours, Naoya?" you challenged, your voice steady.

Naoya's expression flickered with uncertainty, but he quickly masked it with anger. "You will be," he insisted. "I'll make sure of it."

You shook your head, a mixture of pity and determination in your eyes. "You can try, but you won't break me, Naoya. If you want me to be yours, you'll have to change. Otherwise, this marriage will be nothing but a disaster."

With that, you turned and walked away, leaving Naoya standing there, seething yet deeply conflicted. Your words echoed in his mind, challenging him to confront his own feelings and actions.

As you rejoined your friends, you felt a mixture of emotions. Naoya's jealousy had revealed a different side of him, one you weren't sure how to feel about. But your resolve remained unchanged. You would face your fate head-on and do everything in your power to shape it into something better.