𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚢𝚖𝚊𝚗

★🎃˗ˏˋ 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒❝ chapter sixteen ! ❞ (㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)˚˖𓍢ִ໋ 🕷️ ✧˚

chapter sixteen ! ❞ (㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
˚˖𓍢ִ໋ 🕷️ ✧˚.🔮⋆ ━━━ ⋆。°✩🍂 ✩°。⋆
❝ that was awesome!

₊ ⊹🍷˚୨ "𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊?"

Jack holds his hands out to Ivy, making her stop in her tracks. The ice splinters under her skates, her feet wobbling as she tries not to move.

Jack's eyes dart to his staff and her scythe sitting at the edge of the frozen lake, far out of reach. Ivy's eyes are trained on him. Normally, the ice wouldn't break, but with Spring so close, the ice was much thinner, and her skates had done too much damage.

"Jack?" she glances from him to the breaking ice under her feet. She knew the most that could happen was a mild case of hypothermia, but she hated the cold. This had never happened to her before. The thought of falling into the water, feeling it suffocate her?

Jack steps closer, his hands still up. "It's okay." he smiles. "You're fine."

"Fine?" Ivy's hands, out for balance, start to shake. "This is not fine!"

"Don't look down," he says, stepping even closer. The ice cracks further, making Ivy's stomach leap. "Hey, look at me." she finds his eyes, his gleaming smile. "I've got you, okay?"

She swallows thickly as he moves closer again, more ice breaking. "Jack! If you make me fall, I swear—"

"It's just a little water."

"You know I don't like the cold!"

"Okay—" he reaches for her. "Okay.. on three."