chapter 49

Leon did not take his eyes off the frozen turquoise eyes.

“I wondered why Daisy called me a pig. I’m not even fat.”

He uttered that while laughing, but ‘Daisy’ didn’t.

“But, I only remembered it when I heard you call me that yesterday that the rebels call the royalists that way.”

“….”

“Dirty monarchy pig.”

Turquoise eyes, brown hair, and a bold temper… He believed that this rare combination could not have happened by chance in different people. So, there was only one conclusion.

Sally Bristol was Daisy.

He thought she was hiding the fact that she was Daisy because she had a story she couldn’t tell. However, he thought that the story had to do with Leon’s father’s death.

‘…How foolish I was.’

She was obviously in front of him, and he acted like a blind man…

Perhaps, deep down in his heart, he had some lingering feelings for his first love and refused to connect it with the terrible crime. As he grabbed the hair of the fox that had twice blinded him, the woman groaned as her neck snapped back and was forced to face him directly.

“You played with me that day, knowing your mother would kill my father. You are so vicious that even the devil would be speechless.”

“No.”

When the woman denied it, Leon tightened his grip on her head even more.

“All the cute things you said must have been lies. From then on, you would have been a whore who would kiss anyone for the Duke.”

The first love was a lie.

He could have seen and prevented his father’s death. Still, he was completely unaware and was fooled by a young girl and missed the opportunity. And because of that, Leon became even more resentful of himself.

“Was it your mission to spy out the villa? You sensed something suspicious in me, so you pretended to have a personal interest in me, and you distracted me!”

“I didn’t know you were a Winston… I didn’t even know they were trying to kill your father.”

“Don’t expect to let me be fooled again. I now know that you are a bloodless, tearless killer.”

Deep in Grace’s subconscious, there was still a sense of debt towards Leon from childhood. He unknowingly stimulated it very effectively.

“They didn’t mean to kill him in the first place! It was an accident!”

In the end, that feeling of debt caused Grace to make a slip of the tongue.

“Ha… You know quite a bit about it, to know even the smallest details. Then, how can you say you don’t know!”

Saying so, the hand that had been gripping her hair caught her chin and forced her mouth open. At the same time, the holster from Winston’s waist untied, and the loaded pistol lodged in Grace’s mouth.

“Were you there too when my father died?”

“No. No.”

“Did you try to kill me, too?”

“I had no intention of killing you. But now, I have changed my mind.”

Winston burst into laughter.

“That sounds honest.”

“At that time, I didn’t lie about anything other than my name.”

Did he know that she tried to reveal that to him honestly at the end?