Chapter 5: Hear Your Heart Beating

Tsuyu swung around a sturdy-looking pole as she dodged the razor-sharp fin the shark villain used to nearly bisect her in half. Sweat pooled underneath her brows as she felt the wind swept past her, eyes looking everywhere for a method of exit for her and her classmates.

Minoru was fortunately ignored by the villains, seeing that he was totally out of it, but if he didn't get medical attention soon, there was a possibility the pervert could die of blood loss.

Ochako, meanwhile, was doing her best to stall the other villains that had come on board the sinking ship to "have some fun". Bunch of sickos.

"Come on, froggie. Don't make this hard!" The shark villain grinned and rushed at her once more while her froggy feet skidded across the smooth floor. "We'll take care of ya! No need for body bags! Hehehehe..."

Shivers crawled up her spine as the disgusting chuckle entered her ears. Tsuyu'd rather die than suffer... that... But if she did lose and she was alive to see the results...

Tsuyu trembled. She'd rather not think about it.

Bending her back near parallel to the floor, she narrowly dodged the razor-sharp fin once more, its blade-like edges mere centimeters from the tip of her nose.

Blinking, she tried to get her breathing in order. She may have trained and exercised to prepare for the rigorous curriculum that was the U.A. standard, but even then, her teen body had limits.

No way in hell would she be able to go up against a fully developed man who looked like he'd been bench pressing since the day he could walk with her still developing body. It was just pure genetics.

She ducked down a punch from the shark villain and kicked him away, only for the man to stand his ground like a rock while she was launched away before she landed on the smooth floor.

Even if her mutation-type quirk gave her enhanced physical abilities, the villain gunning for her also had a mutation-type quirk, so her advantages were null and void. So, no matter how much one tried to deny it, they were well and truly fucked. Literally.

Breathing heavily, Tsuyu tried her best to look for any way out, but the more time she spent avoiding the attacks, the more tired she became, leading to mistakes and bad decision-making.

Case in point, she saw the shark villain rush her again. Normally, she would've called the villain insane for doing the same thing again for the third time, expecting for a different outcome. But this particular rush had one factor that was in his favor.

Tsuyu was getting tired.

She dodged once more, narrowly avoiding certain incapacitation, only for a searing pain to tear through her side. She clenched her teeth and palmed the wound with teary eyes, only to feel something wet and hot dripping from her fingers.

Looking down, her eyes dilated when she saw the profusely bleeding gash, and the pain intensified. She swallowed down the shriek that crept up her throat while she tried to staunch the flow.

"Now look what you made me do." The villain sighed, as if what he was doing was something he regretted. The psychopath. "It ain't too late to surrender, froggie. Bleeding out is a lot worse than it looks."

Tsuyu wanted to scream, to cry. It was just their first month in school. She wasn't supposed to be facing villains this early. Looking to the side where Ochako was fighting, her heart stilled when she saw the brunette slammed to the ground with another villain holding her down, a vicious grin on his face.

Ochako was barely resisting as the villain tore through her clothes, revealing the skin underneath. Tsuyu wanted to gag.

"Well, looks like my boys are already starting." The shark villain approached Tsuyu slowly, his cackles making her heart beat rapidly. "Can't let them start without me, froggie. So why don't you just drop DOWN!"