1

Regret

Regret consumed me as tears flowed uncontrollably from my eyes. The letter regret held had turned my once-bright life into a living hell. No one else was to blame—I was the architect of my own misery. I had lost them. Those two precious people who loved me more than life itself. And why?

Because I let my pride, my arrogance, stand in the way. I didn’t even try to stop them, didn’t even search for them to apologize. My ego had become a wall I couldn't climb, and now it was too late. Guilt gnawed at me, and I hated myself for it. I felt undeserving of their love. I was a wretched excuse for a human being. I despised myself.

???: Don’t hate yourself. Love yourself. Respect yourself. You’re beautiful and amazing just as you are. Don’t compare yourself to others.

His comforting words echoed in my mind, breaking through my self-loathing as if he were right here, cupping my tear-streaked face, wiping away my sorrow, pulling me into a warm embrace.A bitter chuckle escaped me. Every time I tried to hate myself, his voice would cut through the darkness, reminding me of the love I no longer deserved. My thoughts were interrupted by the sharp ring of my phone.

On the call

Yn: "Yeah…

???: Where are you? There’s an important meeting today… with the South Koreans.

Yn: Oh, sh*t! Veer, I’ll be there in 20 minutes. Get everything ready for the meeting.

Veer: Alright, but hurry. The CEO is very punctual—and very cold.

Yn: Yeah, I know…

I rushed to the office, arriving just in time to meet Veer, my only friend and secretary, who greeted me with his usual boxy smile.

Veer: Wow..mam..uh are looking stunning!!

uh are looking stunning!!