Chapter 35 - The Horikitas

"No!" Ethan and Brendan shouted.

"Cino!" Minccino agreed with them.

I had told them about going to the movies with Horikta and they immediately stormed over to my dorm and started making me try on outfits. They said they needed to 'get me right'? I'm not sure what they meant though.

"I think you two are reading into it. I think she just wanted a friend to go with here." I said.

"If she wanted a friend she would've asked Serena or Matsuhita! It's totally a date!" Brendan exclaimed.

I looked towards Ethan, he's the more reasonable of the two, he should understand that it's not romantic.

"Don't look at me like that, I agree with him." Ethan shot down my hopes.

"Go try this on!" Brendan shouted while shoving clothes in my hands.

I went back into my bathroom for 8th time to change into the clothes they gave me. This time the outfit they chose was a white hoodie with black pants. A rather basic outfit that I've worn a good amount of times, nevertheless I think they'll finally be okay with it and let me go meet Horikita.

"Yes! There it is!" Brendan exclaimed.

"That one's good!" Ethan agreed.

"Can I go now?" I asked.

They looked towards each other with big smiles on both of each other faces before they shouted out in unison.

"Just make sure to use protection!"

Ignoring their mindless teasing I walked out the door, Horikita hadn't texted me yet but I didn't feel like dealing with them anymore. Putting those two together has only resulted in them teasing me.

"Ding"

Horikita had finally texted me, looking at her text it read;

(Horikita) 'Meet me at the mall entrance in 20 minutes.'

(Ayanokouji) 'Ok'

———————————————————————-

"Hello, Ayanokouji." Horikitas voice called out.

Turning around I saw Horikita, she was wearing a brown leather jacket with a black undershirt and a skirt.

She looks really good.

"Hello." I replied.

"Cino!" Minccino exclaimed from my shoulder.

Despite Minccinos energetic personality and Horikitas cold and aloof personality somehow Horikita had managed to become Minccinos favorite. Of course Minccino still does like everyone else but Horikita is her favorite.

Seeing Minccino Horikita smiled and started petting her.

"Hello Minccino. Has Ayanokouji been mean?" She asked.

What?

Minccino shook her head no and Horikita smiled again.

"Good, I would've had to punish him if he did."She said with a scary look in her eyes and a compass now somehow in her hands.

She looked up at me and spoke.

"Did I make you wait long?" She asked.

"No, I just got here." I answered.

Ichinose has once asked me that question and when I told her I had been waiting for 17 minutes she immediately called Mako and they lectured me on what I was supposed to say. Apparently telling them that they had made you wait long wasn't nice because it made them feel bad. They told me 'no matter how long she makes you wait you tell her that you just got there.'.