SS 1. Horikita Suzunes soliloquy.

I've spent the last three years of my life trying to catch up to my brother. When we were younger we had the perfect sibling relationship, there were no arguments or issues.

Suddenly, all of that changed, he started distancing himself and criticizing me at every chance. I took this as a sign that I needed to grow and follow in his footsteps. I chose the same electives he took, studied day and night to get the same grades, I studied and trained with a Pokemon at every chance I could.

All of this led me here, I attended the same school as him, the prestigious Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. More commonly known as ANHS.

The school spoiled us, gave us a starter Pokemon and had most of the campus dedicated to an area for catching Pokemon, they provided us with every necessity and want we could have. The mall gave us every store we could need and they gave us free housing in which we didn't have to pay for utilities. All of this and we even got a monthly allowance of 100,000 Points a month.

Except this utopia in students minds were shattered on May 1st. The reveal of S-System and the newly introduced Class Points. I was placed in Class D and labeled defective.

Everyone in the classroom was shocked, they were all shouting or crying out complaints, except for two students. My classmate and the leader of the class, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, and the narcissistic Koenji Rokusuke.

At first I thought Ayanokouji was just another idiotic person that I would never interact with and someone that I was far superior to. Except over time I learned just how wrong I was.

In academics, one of my strongest areas in life, I was completely outclassed. On tests with questions where I didn't even know where to start from because of the level of difficulty, he would finish in 2-3 minutes.

Of course the first time this happened I thought it was ridiculous, I criticized and insulted him in my head the entire time. I believed he had guessed and gave up. Except for when the tests results were posted I was shown what he had scored.

100

Every single test he scored perfect marks, he hasn't got a single question wrong on any exam throughout the entirety of this school year. Even on tests with college level question there was no change, he'd go through the paper with such ease it made me feel dumb.

After my frustrations and failures on the academic side of my one sided challenges I turned to the Pokemon side of this school.

Surely he couldn't best me in a Pokemon battle or test of knowledge and creativity. I spent all my life around Pokemon, whether from my father or brother I was constantly learning about Pokemon or allowed to battle with them. I had been battling with Pokémon for years now, almost all my life.

When our Class had battles every week I had always challenged him. Every single week I challenged him and every single week I lost. The first time we battled it was relatively close, he still won by a good amount but it wasn't overwhelming.

I thought, 'It was a fluke, I'll win next time'. I thought this until I overheard a conversation with him and Professor Oak. Our first match, where I was defeated in front of the entirety of the class, was his first Pokemon battle ever.

I, Horikita Suzune, who had been battling and interacting with Pokemon her entire life was defeated by someone who was battling for their first time ever and couldn't even speak to others.

Eventually we had our double battle. I had gotten very lucky that match, almost all of my attacks were a critical hit and I had a type advantage. Even with everything on my side I lost horribly after his two Pokemon had evolved.

Then the club fair happened, I was finally going to get a chance to see and talk to my brother. Except Ayanokouji stole the show and took his interest, his Frogadier had broken out of his Pokeball and stared down my brothers Greninja.

They become good friends and suddenly I was met with a horrifying realization.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka had bested me in every aspect of life.

In academics he was so far superior it was depressing. Everything I didn't know, he knew, it's like he was taking college courses as a child but arranged ANHS for a change in scenery.

In Pokemon it was no longer even a competition between us, he had used the bond phenomena for the first time since Ash Ketchum, his Charizard was unrivaled in strength and his Garchomp was terrifying in just the one match anyone has seen him battle in.

Even in my own family life he bested me, he become someone my brother would smile and even laugh with. Someone that my brother respected and even looked up to when Ayanokouji is a 1st year. He was closer with my own brother than I was.

Girls flocked to him, almost every popular girl in our year was infatuated with him. Ichinose Honami, Serena Yvonne, Dawn Berlitz, May Birch, and practically every single girl in our class, as embarrassing as it is I found myself acting like someone with a crush.

I would stare at him in class and challenge him to a battle when ever I could. If he asked me to do something I would do it with little to no resistance.

I don't know why I'm acting like I am. I get jealous when I see him with all of the girls he spends his time with.

I may have to come to a realization on what the feelings he makes me feel are.

Just who are you Ayanokouji?

"What are you doing here?"

Looking up I saw the very man my thoughts were plagued with.

AN

AN

Word count: 1000

First SS is finally published.

The difference between a SS and a .5 chapter is pretty simple.

.5 is something that happens in between full chapters. They can serve as a set up for the next chapter like 9.5 did, or just as a way to show more things in the story.

SS is just the characters thoughts and issues. Here Horikita went over her timeline with Ayanokouji, her own family issues and how inferior she feels to Ayanokouji. The feelings his character causes her is something she has to face head on and it somewhat scares her to realize that.