35 | Animals

Picking up riiight where we left off isn't a bad idea right?

And this song might be out of place, it might not be, I don't know, but I'm kinda loving it right now. 

Please vote if you like the chapter! <3

Chapter 34: Animals

In. The. Cafeteria.

In. Front. Of. Everyone.

What are we... animals?

I'm not going to lie, it was exhilarating. My whole body was on fire. Luke Dawson lights me up like a spark and gasoline.

It's a sharp contrast; how his strong hands can touch me so softly... but when they tighten around me, I melt.

Like I've finally found home. A home with a front door that locks.

But also like I'm on the wildest, craziest high at the same time, fully addicted and unable to hop off. 

And I kiss with my eyes closed, but whenever I open them, I'm struck by the impossibly handsome face I see on the other side. Will I ever get used to him?

Not if we keep fake-breaking up.

Ignore you.

Luke with his eyes closed looks angelic - deceptively innocent - and when he opens them to look at me, he's stunning. Electric blue eyes and dark eyelashes that flutter when he blinks.

We were pulled apart in the cafeteria, with Austin dragging Luke away and Cearra fanning herself and me at the same time. Jake cursing us both out for lying.

After that show, I was somehow expected to sit through afternoon class. I literally did nothing but repeat that scene in my head, over and over and over.

And over.

I relived it a thousand times in that history class, like hot flashes in the back of my mind.

Until the bell rang and we were let out.

When that bell rang, I gave it two seconds and my backpack was already on as I navigated quickly through the crowds, a smirk that copied Luke's signature smirk splashed across my face. I ignored what people were saying to me because I honestly couldn't care less.

I had somewhere I needed to be. Well, someone I needed to see.

I felt my phone vibrate in my hand and, before I checked, I already felt that it was him.

One word: Outside.

Boy, I'm coming.

Patience was never Luke's strong point.

Excitement bubbled up within me the closer I came to the school's front doors. His text only increased my heart rate, knowing he was waiting for me out there.

The sunlight streamed through the front doors as they kept bobbing open and shut from all the exiting students. I stepped outside and the heat from a warm afternoon hit me, the sunlight momentarily blinding me.

I turned my head in the direction of where that black jeep wrangler was always parked.

Front row, his specially reserved spot.

And there he was.

Luke was standing near his car, looking down at his phone. He was wearing the same t-shirt from this afternoon, the one I pressed up against and squeezed. His muscular physique framed oh so nicely because of it. His dark jeans sit low on his hips, emphasizing his lean waist and long legs. Relaxed and easy-going.