Prologue: The Pro Hero

On a motorcycle, you were riding through the areas outside the Mega City.

"Got info on Endeavor's activities outside the Mega City," a message read. "Get it and expose the psycho that bastard really is. - D"

"Gladly," you replied. "This is long overdue for everyone."

You drove to the great wall and made your way to a hole in the structure, where you went through several pipes and tunnels until you entered a subway and drove out of it. You found yourself driving across several areas until you reached the roof of a building, seeing part of the Mega City.

"Those that live here live in luxury while those that don't have quirks struggle to survive every day. Even those in small areas live fine lives because they're not Quirkless. Bastards."

You then saw a building that you identified as part of the Hero Administration. Upon entering through the fire escape, you avoided cameras and guards until you reached an area where Endeavor's office is located.

You looked around and saw several scorch marks and dents in the walls.

"Guy can't even get a therapist because their lives would be at risk just sitting in a room with him."

You went over to a terminal and began copying all the information on it.

"Okay, you ugly son of a bitch. Let's see what you've been up to."

You looked through the files and found many activities of him in the "Forbidden Zones". He has been making deals with a syndicate called the "Hermits" in exchange for highly modified drugs with unknown effects.

Afterwards, you unplugged from the terminal and saw a violet-colored mist filling the room.

"Wha?! What's going on--"

After falling onto the table, a woman with sky-blue eyes and dark purple hair in a costume walked toward and looked at you.

"Are things really that bad out there? I better ask you some questions."

She reached her hand for you, but you grabbed her arm and threw her across the room. Once you stood up, she saw the gas mask-like helmet on yourself.

"You were pretending? I'm a little impressed."

"Wish I could stay and chat with you, Ms. Midnight, but I have to go."

You activated your quirk and lightning flew through your body, causing your hair to rise and glow blue. As Midnight chased after you, you exited the building and started running through the rooftops.

You powered down your quirk for a bit and Midnight caught up with you. The two of you fought, but you had faster reflexes than her, and punched her in the face.

"Did I go too far with that one? I can give you an ice pack if you want."

Midnight chuckled a bit and wiped her face.

Midnight: "Don't worry about me. I like playing rough. But I need to ask, why were you in Endeavor's office?"

"To uncover his activities outside this ignorant city. The guy's a walking powder keg. I need to expose the corruption among these heroes so I can help those who struggle to survive outside these damned "Sanctioned Zones."

Midnight stayed silent for a minute before walking up to you.

Midnight: "You really care about others outside this city?"

"I was one of them, until I stumbled upon this power. But I want to make things better for them."

She ran her hand across your collar.

Midnight: "So do I, Mister. So do I. Stay safe."

As she left, you went to your motorcycle and drove out of the city through the route you took.

"Midnight," you thought. "I won't take it off the table that you want to help, but you don't have an idea what things are like outside those walls."

Meanwhile, Midnight looked back at the direction she came from and smiled.